Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Up until a few days ago, I had absolutely no problems connecting to my two Yamaha MusicCast speakers (WX-010 and WX-030) with Spotify Connect on my Android phone. All of a sudden, I very frequently have it get stuck on "Connecting..." when I try to connect. I have the same problem with the desktop version of Spotify.

This is specific to Spotify Connect as I have no problems playing Pandora on the speakers. I didn't change any of my network settings or do any kind of upgrades.

I've tried the following:

1) Restarted my router (once by restarting it, and once by completely uplugging it and plugging it back in).

2) Powered off and powered back on the speakers.

3) Completely reset the speakers and reconnected them with the MusicCast app.

4) Signed out of all Spotify devices and signed back in.

5) Removed and reinstalled the Spotify app from my phone.

None of these have helped. Is there a known Spotify Connect issue with Yamaha devices going on now?

112 Replies

On Android and Macos it's still the same issue. If I understood correctly, iOS Spotify was updated and that fixed the issue with those people?

Hi yes. I updated the Musicast app and Spotify app for iPhone and after that it worked but I don’t know if that was the solution or not. Some reported it worked even without updating yesterday.

Yes running on iOS, forgot to mention that.

I don't think it's app related since I've been playing 1h of playlist without any pause using windows 10 app.

The only difference in my setup is the forced google dns servers on my yamaha.

Yesterday all my (samsung) speakers suddenly disconnect.

After reconnecting them again they worked for several hours without drop.

I'am using the windows10 app & android app, but I don't think this is related, because with the Spotify Connect it is the audio device (speaker, receiver, ...) who connects directly to the Spotify servers.

Maybe some speakers & receivers need a reboot or just change the input source, so the Spotify Cconnect reconnects to the servers?

Hi there,

Updated Spotify and Musiccast App on Android 8. Everything works now again with Wlan-Connection.

DNS could be the problem in my opinion. If records are changed it could take time until changes get recognized from your local device. Changing to Google DNS is good. Clearing the local DNS cache of your device is recommended.

Also check the app settings. Spotify should no be managed by the energy-management. Musiccast as well.

So long
Soundmachine

H3IIiOn. Correct! I ran the Spotify app via my HTPC using Win10 during a couple of ours without any problems at all the other day.

When playing Spotify via the WXC-50 connected to my Yamaha RXA-1010 Receiver the interuptions started immediatly. I tried to controll the hardware both with Ipad and a Sony cellular with android. Same problem! I have two WXC-50 and the other one is connected to another analog amplifier from Yamaha "AS700" Same problem there!

As i mentioned before, Without doing any upgrades of software, Spotify suddenly "tuesday evening", started to work flawless again.

I have been in dialogue with Spotify since weekend over this problem. They assured me they would get to the bottom of it. Whilst I haven’t had formal notification that they have resolved my problem, I have had my system on test this morning for over 2.5hrs, so far no dropouts, fingers crossed!!!

I should also add, they gave me access to one their test accounts, the dropouts were also occurring on that account too.

Glad to see it's working for all of you again.... I'm sticking with Deezer just because I like the integration into the Musiccast app. 

I never really liked juggling between two apps especially when you have 6 + speakers going and need volume control... Then you want to change a song etc....

Same here, the outage letnme try deezer and.... i like it. 1 app and done 😄 but still testing

Well bad news for me. After 2 days of working spotify problems have been starting again. Spotify stream cut after few songs .... Please Spotify find the issue to absorb all traffic.

We celebrated too soon. Here too same problem all over again. After 2 days
without any hiccups.

Hi,

I just test Spotify one month free subscription. I confirme this issue on my Yamaha receiver.

Music stop after some minutes. One time 15 minutes or 3 minutes...  completly ramdom time.

I test it from PC or android apps, it's the same issue.  

😞

Hi, 

We have the same problem, after a five Spotify songs connection drop.

Please Yamaha and Spotify solve this now! 😠

It sounds like it's a Spotify problem and not a Yamaha problem. There was somebody else in this thread with Samsung Gear that was having the same problem.

Yes, problem is back again.
As soon as i start spotify through the spotify-app and choose the speaker without having the musiccast app active, music plays without any interruption.

As soon the musiccast app is active and i change the volume the problems appear again.

Maybe it has something to today between the control commands between musicast app and spotify.

Using Android 8.0 and latest version of all the apps

For me the problem still persists. After clearing cache of spotify for both phone and PC, and resetting the Musiccast twice, it keeps happening. I can't change DNS because my ISP router doesn't allow me to do so....

My Yamaha Devices still work great after the mishap last week.

1 RX A1070, 1 YSP-1600, 2 ISX-80, 2 WX-030 and 1 WX-010.

However, I was away end of last week. During my travel I noticed that my device all show up in Spotify Connect even though I am not connected to the local WLAN network. I can use my mobile connection to controll the devices... and they all show up now. I am not 100% sure but I have not noticed I could do this before...

And if I setup the MusicCast link before leaving, these devices show up linked... So I am away and I can play music on my devices anywhere I want.

Was this possible before?

Similar probem here: I use Pioneer X-HM36D, Spotify connects and does not play music even though on pc and android app it's shown that it does. Aditionally, Spotify doesn't work smoothly on pc when connected - I can't switch a song. Please, fix it!

Suggested posts