Casual Listener
Thanks. But since I can not connect to my speakers using Music Cast I can
not update the firmware and I can not get them to connect to the wifi my
phone is connected to using Music Cast. Is there another way to update the
firmware?

Re: Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

badreligion91
Music Fan

Do you have access to your router? you can connect each speaker up to the router via ethernet cable. I believe the speaker will automatically connect and do a firware update however not sure about that.

Regardless, once the speaker is connected via ethernet cable you should then be able to see your speakers in the musicCast app.

If you can't connect your speakers to internet its kind of useless especially if you have two of them....

Are you sure you're following the directions correctly? Are you using IOS or Android? Setting up each speaker with Android was easier than with IOS to be honest....

Enstarobban
Regular

I can connect and start playing music on my musiccast speaker but it just stops in the middle of a song after 2-3 songs... Then it's hard to get it to start again and when it succeeds it takes 1-2 songs and it stops again. Have tried to restart all the equipment. Nothing helps. This problem just occured from out of nothing.

blacklord049
Music Fan

Sounds like you are not alone. I tried to use Spotify Connect today on my RX-V581 and I had random dropouts : sometimes after 1-2 songs, sometimes after 5 or 6 songs. Had to restart the amp the first time. The second time it happened I managed playing another song then it stopped. I tried again many times until I got **bleep** off. Firmware is v1.17 from a few months ago.

Jochen59
Music Fan

You are right. Same AVR, same probs. Everthing up to date with software and firmware. I had the same weeks ago. Then all was fine. Now struggle is back again. And no matter, wether I start from the Mac app or iPhone app.

This is not a basis for keeping premium, Spotify.

qwyxldex
Gig Goer

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with RX-V483 here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Yamaha-AV-Receiver-Spotify-Connect-Rando...

Happened a few times over the last few days, got much worse yesterday.

We need to get Spotify/Yamaha to take notice of this!

badreligion91
Music Fan

I hate to say it but I totally gave up and switched to Deezer. MusicCast has the Deezer app built into it and its been flawless. I dont think it's a spotify problem though [I think]. I just think if spotify was directly built into the app it would work just like Deezer does.

Deezer is .99 cents for 3 months. Try it out and see if the problem goes away. 

I really like Spotify too.... I'm just $1500 bucks into Yamaha gear so the switch for me was easy....

Jochen59
Music Fan

@badreligion91  schrieb:

MusicCast has the Deezer app built into it and its been flawless. I dont think it's a spotify problem though [I think]. I just think if spotify was directly built into the app it would work just like Deezer does.

Spotify is! With my Yamaha/MusicCast I have integrated connection to Spotify. Only the same network is needed. 

There is also "qobuz". It's very nice too. More specialized to Jazz and Classic, which is not a prob for me. But with qobuz you cannot use your device as a remote control (smart streaming directly via LAN to the HiFi), it uses AirPlay. That was the exclusion for me.

Deezer is no longer available. Maybe it got different between Europe, the US etc..

dmopp
Music Fan

I have the same problem with V683 and Spotify. Playback stops in middle and i need to skip to the next song. It ALWAYS happens when i receive notifications on the iOS device. but sometimes it just happens.. Playback from Windows App looks fine so far...

dmopp
Music Fan

And i got the same issue on my wx-030. no notifications. Just stop playback. And now its broken... cant use it anymore. My wife can skip to the next track at least. So i will cancel spotify and switch over to deezer..

SUGGESTED POSTS