Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Re: Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

blacklord049
Music Fan

I have a Premium account linked to a family member account, so it would cost me a bit more to switch to Deezer however if I don't have the choice I'll switch. I'm not there yet, I'll just wait for a fix for a few days.

dmopp
Music Fan

Sure, i will wait, too. And i have a Family account, too

darrens666

Same issue, whole house of musiccast products. All connected via Lan cable. All work on every other internet based service. All of them drop out of Spotify connect after 2-3 songs .No other issues with internet or phone . I've been running this setup with no issues for about 2 years now it started about 7 days ago. I don't have the option of moving service provider, my rx-v779 amp at the centre of my house and system only runs Spotify, Napster or juke for some reason (has most up to date firmware but Yamaha didn't add the other services to my amp when they added it to everything else)

Plus the Spotify service is really good and I don't want to have to move so please can someone find a solution?

dmopp
Music Fan

I bet we all running the same App Version? 8.4.51.696

gringodancer

I have the exact same problem. Nothing seems to help. Strange thing is that there hasn't been any updates the last week when the problems occured.

qwyxldex
Gig Goer
Yep - that's my app version on iOS.

But also having the same problem from android app and OS X.
Points to it being a problem with the spotify connect APIs rather than the
apps I think.

kammott

I have the same problem. The connetcion drops down after 2-3 songs.

I am using the Yamaha YAS-306 and de spotify latest version for android.

Hope Yamaha and Spotify have noticed about this issue and take a solution.

mrvos
Casual Listener

I have the exact same problem since 2 days ago with my Yamaha WXC-50 preamp. It happened in the past too, but got really bad now, I can barely use the connect function anymore. Cuts after 1 or 2 songs, sometimes already after 20 seconds. Can't even skip to the next song, only a restart of the preamp will make it play again.

Already tried a factory reset of the preamp, without succes. Firmware of preamp and spotify and Musiccast apps are up to date. Hope there will be a solution to this soon, otherwise it will be time for me to switch too. Airplay and BT work fine though, but I experience worse sound quality while streaming via Airplay or BT.

dmopp
Music Fan

I contacted the support.

nothing helped so far but they take care.

anyway: to het kt working again (without restart) you need to disable connect (local playback) and then play again for another 2 and a half songs :D

Iam happy that netradio is working for now. So i have some music to listen to.

Nafi

Same Issue on RX-A2060!

somedays it works fine, on others it stops after a while.

SUGGESTED POSTS