Re: Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

samvdb
Regular

Running 8.4.52.812 here on android

pesco
Casual Listener

Me too R-N402D and WX-030

Actaully same for me but running Iphone and the 2 Yamaha devices. Spotify just pauses. 

cennema
Regular
It is most definitely a Spotify issues which they have to resolve. I have
contacted their web care but so far no response. I suggest everyone does
they same. Hopefully the potential paying customer loss will persuade them
to address the issues.

rich2109

Same issue for me in the last week using a wired WXA-50 & WiFi ISX-80.

Randomly stop playing half way through a song (returns to 0s) in the app. Will start up again sometimes, other times I need to restart all the MusicCast gear.

Not good...

greatmox
Same problem. Yamaha RX-V681. Really love Spotify but this is unacceptable

H3lli0n
Regular

Same problem for me as well :

• RX V681
  • Android 5.4.52.812 and/or Desktop Win10 app (24/10/2017)

When I start a playlist on desktop app or phone app to yamaha amplifier, song stops playing at an average time of 20min.

Then when the song stopped it's impossible to restart playlist through the desktop or the android app. The only way is to reboot yamaha amplifier.

I made several tests with no successul outcomes :

• I disabled power management on my samsung s9 phone for spotify + musicast app
  • I restarted my switch and isp box
  • I tried either desktop or android app and kill the other app to test only one activated
  • I tried to launch musicast app on my phone to restart the streaming

To be sure it's not network related I played about 30min non stop on my bluetooth heaphone from my phone.

There is something about the Spotify Connect protocol in the recent updates of the app or api that disable the receiver at a fixed time.

SeksoKr
Casual Listener

Today's updates (Apple AppStore) for AV Controller and MusicCast app seem to rectify the issue. I'm now halfway through Thievery Corporation's latest album and so far without a hitch. After the app updates I had to disconnect the RX-V781from the mains though before the apps found it.
Let's just hope I am not celebrating too early.

SirRahikkala
Regular

Most of the people here had the issue of the playback stopping and could not push play again but with connection being ok. The Musiccast app just remote controls the Yamaha devices, it does not affect the signal between the source and Yamaha. Seems that you had different kind of connectivity issue. 

SeksoKr
Casual Listener

@SirRahikkala wrote:

Most of the people here had the issue of the playback stopping and could not push play again but with connection being ok. The Musiccast app just remote controls the Yamaha devices, it does not affect the signal between the source and Yamaha. Seems that you had different kind of connectivity issue. 

No the issue with my gear was the same:

"...Randomly stop playing half way through a song (returns to 0s) in the app. Will start up again sometimes, other times I need to restart all the MusicCast gear."

However, now it works tip top. I just had to reboot the receiver after the app updates for some reason to get it connect. How is it with you, does the problem still persist after the updates?

badreligion91
Music Fan

What app got updated? Musiccast?

SUGGESTED POSTS