Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Re: Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Elwin1

After the update of both the Spotify App and Musicast App the music doesn't stop anymore. (You might have to restart your devices).

I now suffer from a new issue: Whenever I skip a song there is a visible lag. It takes 2-3 seconds before the new song shows up. This might be more annoying than the music cutting out every 10 minutes. Is anyone else having this problem?

SeksoKr
Casual Listener

@badreligion91 wrote:

What app got updated? Musiccast?

Both MusicCast and Yamaha AV Controller (for home theatre receivers, BluRay players, etc)

H3lli0n
Regular

At the beginning musicast app only allowed me to connect to my yamaha to initiate the spotify connect protocol else the android app didn't find my receiver.

My android apps are up to date and I'm launching right now a playlist after a phone reboot. Will tell you how long it stays alive !

H3lli0n
Regular

Started at 4pm stopped at 4:23pm so it's not that ... and windows app was not loaded

H3lli0n
Regular

I conducted an other test:

• I launch an old playlist "Rock Anthems" on the phone to yamaha instead of a fresh or recently updated one
  • Opened the window app with the result of song stopping after 3min ! (but ok I received a notification on phone so who knows ... )
  • Hitted play then I switch to other songs
  • Then I heared nothing but play button "on" on the window app
  • I looked at yamaha front panel and I could read "Access Error" instead of Spotify

Since I've a gigabit fiber connection I think the problem is on Spotify side which can take days ...

Ok just to be sure I searched the error message on found some posts :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Getting-Access-Error-when-playing-Spo...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Yamaha-RX775-quot-access-error-quot-w...

I checked and my dns are set to 0/32 so I'll try this solution even if it worked like a charm before ...

Dns 1 was my isp box and dns 2 google, I switch to manual ip and google dns and will test again this solution

cennema
Regular
After the update of both Spotify and the MusicCast app all problems have
gone away.

Thanks to whoever fixed this bug.

Jochen59
Music Fan

@badreligion91  schrieb:

What app got updated? Musiccast?

Yes. And Spotify too. For me, the streaming is running well, without starting the new MusicCast apps. I'll try later.

Yoursensei
Casual Listener

In fact, the Spotify service started to work perfectly this tuesday evening without any upgrades of software at all. Dispate that I have also upgraded the Spotify app, the MusicCast app and AV controller and it still plays without any interups.

I guess someone did a uge mistake either at Spotify or Yamaha. My guess.... Spotify.... and yes, I am a rocket scientist :grinning_face_with_sweat:

utopia70
Music Fan

Samsung speakers (with spotify connect) also working for a several hours now.

Didn't change anything.

pesco
Casual Listener
Amazing it works now!!!
SUGGESTED POSTS