Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Up until a few days ago, I had absolutely no problems connecting to my two Yamaha MusicCast speakers (WX-010 and WX-030) with Spotify Connect on my Android phone. All of a sudden, I very frequently have it get stuck on "Connecting..." when I try to connect. I have the same problem with the desktop version of Spotify.

This is specific to Spotify Connect as I have no problems playing Pandora on the speakers. I didn't change any of my network settings or do any kind of upgrades.

I've tried the following:

1) Restarted my router (once by restarting it, and once by completely uplugging it and plugging it back in).

2) Powered off and powered back on the speakers.

3) Completely reset the speakers and reconnected them with the MusicCast app.

4) Signed out of all Spotify devices and signed back in.

5) Removed and reinstalled the Spotify app from my phone.

None of these have helped. Is there a known Spotify Connect issue with Yamaha devices going on now?

112 Replies

I tried connecting musicast app with spotify and doesn't work. Pandora works perfect

Yamaha sent out a firmware update to all of their speakers. not sure if it helped you guys or not but all of my speakers are completely messed up now. None of them will sync at all anymore.... I disconnected my network. powered down each speaker... nothing worked. I have a "tweet" into them about it...

did anyone else do the firmware updated?

I did, it went fine. But iam not using Spotify anymore. At least not that month

Did someone encounter sudden pauses using Spotify Connect on their AVR ?

Yesterday I was playing songs on my RX-V581 with my smartphone. It stopped playing one of them and I had to tap multiple times to restart the track. I don't think I did something wrong like touching the screen during playback, because title disappeared from the OSD, as it did the previous weeks.

However Yamaha released a new firmware update, version 2.56, which seems to be a major update.

Changelog here :

This firmware includes

• 1. To be compatible with MusicCast 2018 models
  • 2. Stability Improvement

I'll check again this weekend if the problem still occurs or not, and if it's not broken at all.

Ironically, after I updated the new firmware to my 4 wx010, 1 wx030 and wxa50 Deezer will not sync well. The speakers are all out of step with each other.

I haven't had a lot of time to tinker, but it appears that Spotify works just fine. 

Someone from Yamaha who is a Musiccast expert is supposed to call me.

So, conclusion: every time an app or hardware has an update its unpredictable if your gear will work. This sucks.... I want the old firmware back!

I did firmware update some days ago for my yamaha wxc-50 pré-amp and spotify remains works fine. But, I don't have any yamaha speakers, my wxc-50 is used just as network player and it's connected via RCA cable to a Marantz amplifier. It's a very simple setup with just one room configured. Also, all attached via ethernet cable, no wifi.

My WX 030 stops suddenly when playing Spotify. I re-setted the musiccast app and the wx-030 entirely but still no solution.

I’ve read all this thread and it looks like no solution was found. 

Please spotify Team find some solution it’s so frustrating to pay you the monthly fee and having paid some 200+ € to buy a good yamaha speaker and not having the possibility to play music without problems and interruptions.

Also, if I may suggest, but this is a different matter.

You should add some setup features for matching two or more speakers together that are not from the same brand (my experience: I have a google chromecast audio in a room and a yamaha wx 030 in another and it’s impossible to cast music to both the devices at the same time.)

any help is very much appreciated.

I am in the same situation. A few days ago, I bought a Yamaha NP S303, and it doesn't appear in the spotify app as a device for play my music. It's connected by wifi, and my spotify account, is familiar, and I don't know if this is a problem. It has the last firmware and the app, is updated.

Guess what I found out: The speakers seem to be connected to my wifes spotify account! When I switch accounts on my android phone to hers all speakers are shown on her account. On my own account I see no speakers at all! Please fix this spotify/yamaha!!!

Tried everything reinstall relogin etc... My work around was:

To login spotify with my accout on my desktop computer which is in same network, start spotify. On my desktop my account finds the speakers. And after that my account on android phone finds the speakers as well! It is a really weird and annoying work around because it is no comfort at all to do that every time. Without my desktop computer my account sees no speakers.

Hi!
This problems still continuing? I want to buy yamaha wx-010 to use with spotify but if it doesn't work with spotify...

I'm sorry to tell you for me it is still there. I'd recommend trying it out though. Sometimes you can get 030 for very good price. If it doesn't work, return the Box.

I haven't tried.

@NilsonMr wrote:

Guess what I found out: The speakers seem to be connected to my wifes spotify account! When I switch accounts on my android phone to hers all speakers are shown on her account. On my own account I see no speakers at all! Please fix this spotify/yamaha!!!

Tried everything reinstall relogin etc... My work around was:

To login spotify with my accout on my desktop computer which is in same network, start spotify. On my desktop my account finds the speakers. And after that my account on android phone finds the speakers as well! It is a really weird and annoying work around because it is no comfort at all to do that every time. Without my desktop computer my account sees no speakers.

Thanks mate, 

I was in the very same situation, my yas 306 soundbar and 010 speaker suddenly disappeared from my phone  (witha Android oreo) a while ago. Again. And this time I couldn't find any solution. I tried with all the network hints I founded but they didn't work. Then I read your post, but not with the due attention. Lukily by chance the same day I opened spotify connect in the car back home from work and it asked me if I wanted to keep listening music on my work desktop or on my mobile. I said, what? I'm not on wifi anymore. And so in the end I connected the dots.

The next day I first disconnected from my desktop spotify app at work (on which no other deviced where listed by the way) and back home I downloaded and logged in into the desktop app connected on my home wifi. And then after some minutes magically both the devices appeared. But still not recognized by my mobile. So I cleared mobile spotify cache and to be fully sure disinstalled and reinstalled again spotify from my mobile and after a while bingo! I had back my devices. 

So basically spotify connect messes up when has to deal with more than one wifi network or more than one user account. In my case I can't track down if I changed anything at home or at work that caused the issue. I just remember that spotify started stop playing randomly with no reason while listening a playlist. It happened few times and the last time it happened my devices had disappeared. I was going mad so again thanks 🙂 I second the request, please fix it. 

Suggested posts