Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Re: Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

SirRahikkala
Regular

On Android and Macos it's still the same issue. If I understood correctly, iOS Spotify was updated and that fixed the issue with those people?

pesco
Casual Listener
Hi yes. I updated the Musicast app and Spotify app for iPhone and after that it worked but I don’t know if that was the solution or not. Some reported it worked even without updating yesterday.

cennema
Regular
Yes running on iOS, forgot to mention that.

H3lli0n
Regular

I don't think it's app related since I've been playing 1h of playlist without any pause using windows 10 app.

The only difference in my setup is the forced google dns servers on my yamaha.

utopia70
Music Fan

Yesterday all my (samsung) speakers suddenly disconnect.

After reconnecting them again they worked for several hours without drop.

I'am using the windows10 app & android app, but I don't think this is related, because with the Spotify Connect it is the audio device (speaker, receiver, ...) who connects directly to the Spotify servers.

Maybe some speakers & receivers need a reboot or just change the input source, so the Spotify Cconnect reconnects to the servers?

Soundmachine
Casual Listener
Hi there,

Updated Spotify and Musiccast App on Android 8. Everything works now again with Wlan-Connection.

DNS could be the problem in my opinion. If records are changed it could take time until changes get recognized from your local device. Changing to Google DNS is good. Clearing the local DNS cache of your device is recommended.

Also check the app settings. Spotify should no be managed by the energy-management. Musiccast as well.

So long
Soundmachine

Yoursensei
Casual Listener

H3IIiOn. Correct! I ran the Spotify app via my HTPC using Win10 during a couple of ours without any problems at all the other day.

When playing Spotify via the WXC-50 connected to my Yamaha RXA-1010 Receiver the interuptions started immediatly. I tried to controll the hardware both with Ipad and a Sony cellular with android. Same problem! I have two WXC-50 and the other one is connected to another analog amplifier from Yamaha "AS700" Same problem there!

As i mentioned before, Without doing any upgrades of software, Spotify suddenly "tuesday evening", started to work flawless again.

Altum11
Casual Listener

I have been in dialogue with Spotify since weekend over this problem. They assured me they would get to the bottom of it. Whilst I haven’t had formal notification that they have resolved my problem, I have had my system on test this morning for over 2.5hrs, so far no dropouts, fingers crossed!!!

Altum11
Casual Listener

I should also add, they gave me access to one their test accounts, the dropouts were also occurring on that account too.

badreligion91
Music Fan

Glad to see it's working for all of you again.... I'm sticking with Deezer just because I like the integration into the Musiccast app. 

I never really liked juggling between two apps especially when you have 6 + speakers going and need volume control... Then you want to change a song etc....

SUGGESTED POSTS