Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect via Internet

Spotify Connect via Internet

Hi there,

my mom just gave me a call that someone played 'strange' music through her Teufel Raumfeld speaker.
After sorting it out I realized it was my 'strange' music as I was trying to connect my Onkyo Receiver which disappears from the devices list every now and then.

I was connected to her wifi on christmas and also played music from spotify to that speaker and have had this device in the device list of connect since but I thought it was just a bug still displaying that device.

Nevertheless, how is this even possible over a distance of several miles, no vpn or anything that lets me access her network?

I know that she is listening to internet radio via the Raumfeld speaker, but that shouldn't be related as in my understanding Spotify Connect is only available within wifi.

I am using Spotify on an iOS device and have already logged off and reinstalled the app as well.

Thanks for any help to understand this as I am pretty much confused.

Best regards
Fabian
2 Replies

Hi Fabian!

Try logging out your account from any other place it has been signed into by heading here

We'd also recommend changing the password after this.

Let us know if it keeps happening.

🙂

Hi thanks for your reply and sorry for not getting back earlier.

Actually the "issue" has gone since my mom did "something". Whatever she did, it was working. Also my Onkyo Receiver hasn't been missing since.

Nevertheless I'd like to know about the technical background. 

Thank you

Best regards

Fabian

Suggested posts