Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect vs Bluesound (Node 2)

Spotify Connect vs Bluesound (Node 2)

Hi all,

I never managed to connect my Spotify account to a Bluesound system. Bluesound claims that it should work, but I don't see Bluesound in the list of hardware partners.

I guess this link between Spottify Connect and Bluesound needs to be bootstrapped somehow, but I don't see where that happens.  In the Bluesound  app I choose "More Music", and the "Spotify"... the app asks me to install the Spotify app... all clear, but in Spotify, Bluesound does not show up as a playback device.

I'm using a Node 2.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Yours

J.

4 Replies

Hey J, 

I'm also a Bluesound owner using Spotify, with a couple of Players through out the house. It's a simple process; and once set up, you can simply select one of your Bluesound Players from the "Connect" button at the bottom of the app to stream music. Quick question before I make any suggestions; what version of BluOS and the Bluesound app are you running? 

Hi Wicksi8,

Versions in use:

Node 2 Device
BluOS: 2.12.1
See the full diagnostics dump at the end of the email

Application on MacOS

BluOS Controller 2.12.0 build 1122

App on Android (HTC One)

Android App 2.12.1 build 1594

BluOS 2.12.1

Thank you for asking,

J.

Your problem probably has already been solved, but anyway: You need a Spotify Permium account in order to use Spotify Connect. When you open the Spotify app and start playing music, you should see that there are other devices available . It's under the artistname - songtitle. Tap on that and you should see your Bluesound devices.

Thanks for this.  I imagine everyone else with this problem is trying to get to Spotify through the Bluesound App, which is how you access Tidal, and while Spotify shows up as an available music source within the Bluesound App, you can't trigger it.  Going to Spotify, once you find the tiny "devices" tap you're there.  Thanks again.  

Suggested posts