Spotify Connect with Pioneer VSX-923-K does not work anymore. Earlier all worked

Re: Spotify Connect with Pioneer VSX-923-K does not work anymore. Earlier all worked

Mikkeel
Casual Listener

I have the same problem. The reason i bought the reciever from the first place and now I have to go back to listening with the airplay function which is a pain in the ***. Have anyone got a explanation? Or is just because they updated some of their servers? 

Bad.......

Re: Spotify Connect with Pioneer VSX-923-K does not work anymore. Earlier all worked

CodyOne
Casual Listener

Same problem here :-(

I bought the amplifier not so long ago and chose it because of the spotify connect possibility. I used this every day but did not get it to work anymore but now it turns out that this possibility just isn't there anymore. I'm really disappointed! I'm not gonna pay for something that doesn't work and I'm not gonna buy another expensive receiver.

Casual Listener

same for me my vsx 924.

I do not understand the reason

Highlighted

szczepekk

VSX-932 also doesn't work this is crazy

thoham
Casual Listener

I just changed over from Apple Music because of this. Well, back to Apple I guess.

CodyOne
Casual Listener

I connected a Chromecast which works great. When I give the Chromecast the command to play music (or a movie) the VSX receiver switches over automaticly and plays it. But it's still a shame that a big functionality like this just stops working on the receiver and that there isn't a fix for it. This functionality was one of the main reasons to buy this VSX receiver.

thoham
Casual Listener

The reason seems to be that Spotify has done some significant changes on the server side. This requires Pioneer to update their firmware, but they have been too lazy to do that.

AirPlay has also stopped working on my receiver. I don't think they would be able to update to AirPlay 2 using sw only, but AirPlay is backward compatible, so I don't understand why. Anyone else with this problem?

SUGGESTED POSTS