Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify Connect with Pioneer VSX-923-K does not work anymore. Earlier all worked

Spotify Connect with Pioneer VSX-923-K does not work anymore. Earlier all worked

anvar11165

Spotify Connect with Pioneer VSX-923-K does not work anymore. Previously, everything worked. The rest of the services are all connected to the receiver

13 Replies

Re: Spotify Connect with Pioneer VSX-923-K does not work anymore. Earlier all worked

slaycio

I've got the same problem... I see my vsx on the list of ready devices... But when I try to conn connect, nothing happens. 

Re: Spotify Connect with Pioneer VSX-923-K does not work anymore. Earlier all worked

semteXKG
Casual Listener

+1. wonderful, that means no dinner music for the guests today. thanks a ton...

Perosales
Roadie

Spotify just stopped supporting these from one day to another.

Happened to me as well... Pioneer VSX 510S.

The best feature Spotify ever had, which I used EVERY day ALL day... got killed off without communication.

I will start a new thread, asking them to reconsider.

Pioneer was also caught by surprise... Pioneer is looking into it.

PS: It's not only Pioneer. They killed off every receiver they got bored of (until they provide me with another reason, "bored of" is the only reason I can come up with.)

Schermafbeelding 2018-02-03 om 16.20.36.png

Killertofu2k
Regular

Its not only Recivers.

At first i wondered why my Ford Focus ST 2017 did not show Spotify Connect App, then i couldn't connect with my VSX-924 or my Dads Pioneer. The Chat then pointed out they got rid of Ford Sync3 (not even a Year on the Market) and "old" Recivers.

And i guess they won't bring it back...

Thank you very much, it just used these Features a lot. Premium Family gone!

Perosales
Roadie

Hi guys...

Please add your voices here if you want to see Spotify Connect returned to receivers: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Connect-Bring-back-Spotify-Connect-t...

Kenny

semteXKG
Casual Listener

the link does not work here...

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Spotify has made some server upgrades. Some receivers will need a firmware update to work again and get the latest version of Spotify. Other receivers will no longer be supported.

Check out this page for the latest information on Spotify for receivers:

https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-speake...

The way to listen to Spotify with some speakers and sound systems is changing.

If you have a speaker from one of the following brands, click for more information.

You can also check out other ways to listen on your speaker.

The Spotify custom integration will be completely removed from the following models of Pioneer speakers:

XW-SMA1, XW-SMA3, XW-SMA4, VSX-923, VSX-828, VSX-823, VSX-528, VSX-S510, VSX-70, VSX-43, VSX-1023, VSX-1028, VSX-1123, VSX-1128, VSX-8231, SC-1223, SC-1228, SC-1323, SC-1328, SC-1523, SC-1528, SC-2023, SC-71, SC-72, SC-75, SC-77, SC-79, SC-LX57, SC-LX77, SC-LX87, X-SMC55, VSX-1124, VSX-44, VSX-80, VSX-1129, VSX-924, VSX-824, VSX-529, SC-LX58, SC-2024, SC-1224, SC-LX88, SC-81, SC-LX78, SC-85, VSX-1024, VSX-1029, SC-82, SC-87, SC-89.

Check out other ways to listen on your speaker.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

jari970

One voice for returning this function to VSX-923 from Finland!

semteXKG
Casual Listener

"we will not implement DLNA because we have spotify connect!"

Well, looks like we will now have neither! I definitly won't be paying 10€ for this **bleep** anymore, that's for sure.

SUGGESTED POSTS