Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect

Spotify Connect

Spotify version: Spotify Premium account / Spotify Connect

Devices: Yamaha WXC-50 / Apple iPad 2018

Lately I have problems with Spotify Connect. It is randomly pausing. I have no idea what is causing this problem. 

2 Replies

I had the exact same problem a couple of days ago.
I had Spotify open on my iPhone and also open in the desktop app on my PC.
I closed the desktop app and restarted my phone, the random pausing stopped after that.
I tested it again yesterday and was able to replicate the pausing by leaving the spotify app open on my phone and using the app on my PC. Closing the app on the phone and restarting the app on the PC resolved the problem again.
Strange as this has never been an issue before and only started to be a problem a few weeks ago.

I experience playback problems quite often recently so I visited this forums to look for some clues.
Thanks Steve471, I had similar experience.
I was listening on my Onkyo device, controlling through Android app. A few minutes after I launched desktop macOS app to edit some playlists, the playback on Onkyo stopped. Restarting the device did not help, it was visible in desktop app, but selecting it produced only silence. Just closing the app on Android before choosing Onkyo as playback device on desktop app did the trick.

EDIT: Helped, but not for long. Playback stopped again in half an hour. And now even desktop app plays only silence! Spotify is having serious issues today...

Suggested posts