Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Data Collection

Spotify Data Collection

So I was scrolling through the Spotify home page and I went to the recommended podcasts section and I noticed that there were oddly specific podcasts that were recommended to me from youtubers I watch on YouTube. Two that stand out were Donut Media's Past Gas podcast and OfflineTV's podcast. These two YouTube channels have nothing to do with music and therefore I have never searched anything related to these channels within Spotify. So my question is how was Spotify able to pull these two particular podcasts out of the tens of thousands maybe podcast shows recorded and recommend these to me? I have spent a lot of time on YouTube watching these channels but never searched up anything related to the channels in Spotify. If it adds to anything, the Gmail account I use to watch YouTube is the same account I registered for Spotify with.

1 Reply

Hey there @matt_li,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

We have more info on the data Spotify collects here. You can check all the details under User and Usage data.

On this page you can see how to control the data permissions the app has.

We hope this info helps. We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts