Spotify Does Not Work on Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Watch

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Does Not Work on Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Watch

Casual Listener

I also got  a  problem, the Spotify  connection between  my  watch  and phone is bad. The title page of a song is frozen  while the music plays a different song. I can skip numbers but the title page stays the same and i cant pause songs. I need to grab my ipad to pause the song on my phone or i need to close the spotify  app on my phone. Ive had contact with samsung and we tried a lot of things. I even resetted my phone. But the problem came back when i first started spotify. I also connected my watch to my old huawei phone. Spotify  worked just fine on watch and phone. So the problem lies with my samsung galaxy a40. Samsung said i should post this here bcs they couldnt do anything about it. The only way to solve it is to restart my phone. But im tired of restarting my phone 5 times a day. Pls help me out

Highlighted

Visitor
I had the same issue - when you open the Spotify app on your watch and it says connect to Bluetooth, just double click on it and you will then see two options, one of them is 'standalone', once you select it, it will load and then it will give you a code to pair your watch with your Spotify account directly rather than through your phone. Just follow the instructions, it will take a few minutes for your watch to load it after you paired it through your Spotify, so just give it a little time. I hope this works!!
Highlighted

Visitor

I have the same issue with my Samsung Active 2 watch. Never had a problem with Spotify. As soon as I connected the watch and used it as a remote to change songs it started freezing the current song. Even with an app restart. I have cleared cache, data and done an app reinstall. So I just tried this and paired the watch to spotify for standalone play. Once I did this if I choose play on the watch it plays through my watch speaker. And the phone is still showing a different song. Between my phone and watch spotify is the sticking point. And spotify didn't cost me hundreds of dollars so if something needs changed it won't be equipment. 

SUGGESTED POSTS