Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Watch

Operating System

Tizen

My Question or Issue

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Watch.  I installed Spotify on it from the Samsung store.  Since I already had it installed on my old Samsung Gear S3 watch, I figured this wouldn't be a problem.  I signed out of the Gear S3, and tried starting the Spotify on the Galaxy Active 2, but for some reason, after it says "Get Started" and I accept the permissions, it just goes to a black screen that says "Connect to Bluetooth to use Spotify".  The watch is connected to my Samsung S10 phone via Bluetooth. Everything else works, but Spotify just gives me this message, there's no way to change it.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried rebooting both the phone and watch, I've tried going to standalone on my watch with just wifi and the phone off, and it's always the same message.  Is the app broken?  Or am I doing something wrong?  

Thank you!!!

4 Replies

Re: Spotify Does Not Work on Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Watch

sp91fv08nppcht1
Casual Listener
I'm having the same issue. Galaxy watch Active2 with Galaxy Note 10.

Please reply if you eventually find a resolution.

Rhihan
Casual Listener

What worked for me was resetting the watch to factory, connecting it to my phone, NOT UPDATING ANYTHING, launching Spotify on the watch and signing in.  It worked perfectly.  I didn't bother updating Spotify after that, still works great even on standalone mode.

sp91fv08nppcht1
Casual Listener
Thanks! That worked for me

Rhihan
Casual Listener

Awesome!  Glad I could help!

SUGGESTED POSTS