Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Doesn’t Care About the User

Spotify Doesn’t Care About the User

Dear Spotify,

The more I read these posts in the community site this morning, the more it becomes increasingly apparent how little you care about the user. From the fact that you won’t incorporate a scroll bar for playlists with iOS users to your flat-out refusal to do anything as simple as let the people paying you money every month to change their **bleep** username, it’s clear you don’t care. Your reasoning? “There’s not enough votes on a topic to change it.” You REALLY think the majority of Spotify users are browsing the Spotify help community pages in their spare time?! 

NO, **bleep**! Ain’t nobody got time for that! Honestly, I’m just going to YouTube from now on. You can still make playlists, they have WAY more music available that Spotify doesn’t have, and you don’t have to put up with these guys smiling in your face while they give you the finger.

2 Replies

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your thoughts with the Community.

Spotify appreciates their users' feedback and they try to review every idea that's submitted. The Ideas Exchange is the second most active area of the Community and has continuously helped to improve Spotify for everyone and bring new, requested features to it.

If an idea is marked "Not Right Now", it doesn't mean Spotify aren't listening (or that it won’t still some day be implemented). There're many factors that determine what they can or can't implement at a given point of time.

Your feedback is what makes Spotify a better platform and it's very appreciated. There's been plenty of ideas that have been implemented (you can take a look here!) because of you and Spotify's grateful for that 🙂

Spotify will keep improving thanks to every user, I'll pass on your feedback to the right teams!

The Support Team also will gladly help anyone who'd like to switch usernames create a new account, while making sure that no music gets lost.

Have a nice day.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is empty PR drivel.

Tons of feature requests with thousands of votes languish in the pit that is "ideas exchange" for years.

Meanwhile, EXISTING functionality is steadily and steadily removed. 

Fool us once, shame on you, fool us 10 years straight, we're not fooled anymore.

Suggested posts