Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Download Failure on Windows XP Professional run on Dell laptop

Spotify Download Failure on Windows XP Professional run on Dell laptop

For some time last year I used Spotify frequently and thought it was wonderful.   I considered upgrading to Premium.   But unexpectedly its use changed Screen Resolution to maximum size.   I had to use Control Panel>Display>Settings>Screen Resolution in order to continue using Windows, but after un-installing and reinstalling Spotify on more than ten occasions, installation has always been followed by the same problem.   I have been unable to use Spotify for over a month.

8 Replies

Any luck using this installer?
http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the suggestion.   Tried it but with the same result.

Just to clarify, you get this problem after Spotify is installed? When it tries to launch the application the screen resolution changes? What resolution are you running at before launching Spotify?

Peter

Tried your suggested remedy but with the same outcome.

Normal Display Resolution is 1440 x 900.   Jumps to 800 x 600 after Spotify installation.   I can reset this but on launching Spotify for use, it flips the DR again.

Never seen this happen before, does your laptop have more than one graphics processor in it? 

Peter

No.   Standard out-of-the-box Dell.

Just to rule this out being a GPU acceleration issue, can you try starting Spotify like outlined in this post and see if it still happens? Its also worth double checking if you right click on the desktop icon and then go to properties there isn't a setting ticked which changes the screen resolution (since I know there is an option on Windows 7 at least).

Peter

Suggested posts