Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family member pausing playback for separate family member on Sonos system

Spotify Family member pausing playback for separate family member on Sonos system

I recently upgraded to Spotify Family and have loaded a separate user account onto our Sonos system.  When another family member begins playing their account on sonos system it pauses playback on all the other devices for all the other family members.

4 Replies

Have the same issue and that feature was the most important argument to pay for a Spotify family account.

When will that be fixed by Spotify or Sonos?

Each family member has to have their own Spotify account(individual login details), and then each seperate acount is linked via an invite to your family account. If your family members are using your log in details it will log everyone out, they have to use their own account log in details.

Click HERE for more info.

I had this same problem, but now resolved.

For my new family members, I had to re-register their accounts in Sonos.

I did it correctly the first time, but somehow it had the new account names, but was still playing through my (master) account.

A quick check, if you are in sonos controller, and right click on spoitfy and change to another family member name, and then search in playlists, does it show theirs, or still yours.

If yours, then they have failed to register properly, and you should reauthorize their accounts in Sonos.

After re-registering them once, it now works fine.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just tried to reauthorize a family member, but still showing contents of my playlist when I seach, and still resulting in pause of my music.

Suggested posts