Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family through Sonos

Spotify Family through Sonos

I have a family account and when I'm listening to Spotify through Sonos at home and my husband tries listening to Spotify on his computer at work, my music stops playing? This is very frustrating since this is why we got the family plan? Has anyone had this problem & figured out how to resolve?

3 Replies

Hi @ealdridge7, welcome to the Spotify Community!

For what you described, it looks like you and your husband are using the same account when you're listening to your music in Sonos. Since you can't listen music in 2 different devices at the same time using the same account, that'd would explain why the music pauses in your Sonos device when your husband uses his account somewhere else.

In this case, we'd like you to log out from the Spotify account that's currently open on your Sonos device. Then, make sure to log in again with your account details. Once you've done that, ask your husband to play music from his account while you do the same on the Sonos device from you account.

Let us know if it happens again. Have a great day!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Even when I am signed in on my family account and my husband plays on his family account (2 different email addresses and logins) it stops where I am and where he is saying the playback is not allowed.  What gives?  You're saying if we are signed in under our separate accounts it is supposed to work.

We have exactly the same problem.  We have a number of accounts for Spotify under out Family package.  If we play music on Spotify spereatly it’s fine.  But Sonos does not seem to recognise them as seperate accounts and cuts us off if playing through Sonos.  As a long distance runner I am starting to get very frustrated as I can’t listen to music without cutting off music playing in the house.

Suggested posts