Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Solved!

Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2015

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

I hear rumours that Spotify will no longer be integrated with Algoriddim djay from 1st July 2020 onwards, is this true?  What are you able to tell me about this?  Do you have plans to integrate with any other DJ software (e.g. Serato, Rekordbox etc.) in the future?

225 Replies

OK bye Spotify, I was already **bleep** that you take ages to deliver full lyrics

G'day from AUS!

i have been a spotify customer for almost 8 years. my friends, family etc are all apart of the ecosystem - if djay ceases its partnership i too will be leaving 😞 

Hello from France,

If it's confirmed I'll say "Au revoir" to Spotify, after using it since it's birth, supporting it, encouraging all my friends & family ti use it. The Djay Pro 2 app is used several times a year for private parties. C'est comme ça, bye Spotify, Bonjour Tidal !

Spotify just lost a long term customer. I’ll will canceling and switching to tidal since they allow third party apps. It’s ok bye

Sad to hear...from sweden
Im going for SoundCloud go or tidal with djay.i will .cancel my Spotify soon after being Spotify user since the beginning...spotify is still good but its like going backwards in development to ditch streaming intregstions with 3rd party apps...

There's a workaround which seems to be a permenant fix for me! 
Algoriddim are doing a 3 month free trial for Tidal, and you can use https://www.tunemymusic.com/  to transfer your music/playlists across.
I have always been against Tidal, but so far I'm really impressed with the layout and choice of music, it had a lot more music than I anticipated (even obscure drum and bass!)

I will continue trialling it until July and then it looks like I may be cancelling my Spotify subscription after 5 years. Cheers Spotify

As a pioneer amd rekordbox user i tried soundcloud go and i was super impressed and im Done with spotify...nowi finally have a rekordbox solution and a djay solution

djay is also very handy to work with...bye bye Spotify 

This not the solution... We all miss out on using the platform for what we have held exclusive to DJay. Now we are being royally slammed by both businesses.

This is obviously corporate and you both need to learn how to play in the sandpit again PLEEEEEEEEEASE

On account of this development, I too will be cancelling my Spotify subscription after what must be ten loyal years. I have been using the Spotify integration tool with DJay Pro for the last several years and it has truly changed the game. Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus above.

I saw this too! Better than the standard trial offer. I'm now subscribed to
Tidal, I chose the HiFi version which reduces the trial period but I'm now
listening to CD (and sometimes HiRes) quality!

This was non-negotiable for me. Just cancelled and switched to Tidal. They have 95% of the tracks in my playlists available.

Hi there,

I will start kindly.

Using Spotify for several years, happy client, paying each month 10€ for the premium. 

Bought several Sonos Players for bathroom, living room, bureau, kitchen etc. 

Spotify is used everywhere with us, in the house, on the go (smart phone) in the car, etc. 

Since I have 2 boys, (5 and 9), who wanted to play and starting to DJ, I have done my research on the net and bought Pioneer DJ DDJ-400 because it works with Spotify. 

That is the main reason why I bought this product of 279€. When I started using it, it turns out the (fully) software Rekorddj does not integrate Spotify. So you needed to go to Algoriddim, which turn out to be a demo version and you needed to pay 55€ for the full version. Ok I am a bit disapointed but wanted to see if it really works good, so tried the demo several times and I am convinced. Note : not any indication or pop-up during the demo or trial they would end the Spotify integration ! At that point I was aware of this info! So I have bought the DJay Pro 2 software and paid the 55€. 

Once downloaded and started, the pop-up appears !! Schermafbeelding 2020-04-23 om 11.58.27.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-04-23 om 11.57.11.png

You can imagine how I feel ... can't you ? Well, I feel RIPPED OFF !!!

Ripped off by Pioneer, DJay Pro 2 and Spotify aswel !

Anyway, as usual we're just a client. Just a number. They don't care. 

I will go try to enjoy my 55€ for the next 2 moths... and then it is over. 

Well spend 😞 

TIDAL is the answer.. try it.. you wont regret.. 3 months Free with djay ’ PRO .. same look and feel ss spotify.. same price bettet sound.. same Songs.. CarPlay everything

Nik79 I understand your frustration. That djay has been the only DJ software with Spotify integration was a well-known fact for the past two years, so expecting that this would be integrated in Rekordbox when you purchased a Pioneer DDJ was a bit of a stretch.

To my knowledge there isn't a DJ controller that includes a djay Pro license, so we all who have been enjoying this Spotify integration have sunk that cost for either the Mac, Windows, iOS or Android versions of djay (or even multiple combinations thereof).

I am quite certain algoriddim was also taken by surprise with Spotify's decision, hence the additional streaming integrations with Tidal and SoundCloud Go+. I am also peeved but I'm certainly not locked in to Spotify and that's why I'm already on a Trial subscription with Tidal, as it's pretty much the closest thing to Spotify out there with similar individual and family pricing. And on top of it, it plays nice with other software integrations, not only djay Pro, but also Serato, and other non-DJ apps like Plex.

So if you really like your DDJ, continue to use it with djay Pro but consider switching to Tidal or SoundCloud. From what I can tell the Mac version of djay Pro 2 is very impressive and I hope that a version 2 for Windows will follow.

Since the Windows version of djay Pro is a bit lacking (only 3 cue points, srsly) I bought a mid-level controller that comes with a pro DJ license. In my case a Reloop Mixon 4 controller that includes full Serato DJ Pro, which also streams Tidal or SoundCloud Go+. But if I had a Mac, I'd probably even stick with algoriddim djay Pro 2, which is feature packed and works with almost every controller.

So just mull over whether you're really that locked in to Spotify, because both djay and Sonos work with Tidal, and many more Services do, too.

Spotify got so many Users they dont give A shii about us bedroom djs...but i Will sell in TIDAL to all my network just like i did with spotify when it was new.. TIDAL is the new Spotify...looks identical but a little cleaner...

Hi there!

a question on Tidal. How does it work when I want to use the migration tool algoryddim is overing to switch your Spotify music to Tidal?

1.) Can I check how many of my songs are available before I migrate (and even stop the migration when the matching is not enough?

2.) can the tool work on the entire library or playlist by playlist?

3) what happens with podcasts etc?

Thanks a lot

Alex (from Germany)

Like all of you, I'm absolutely disapointed with Spotify!!!

I was a Deezer user and ONLY moved to Spotify to get the integration to Djay Pro. I have a Family subscription since then and I very much like Spotify's interface and features.

But... ...I'll move to Tidal or Soundcloud 1st of July. No choice. And trust me you'll make at that time a big detractor of your solution.

Alex~~~

1. you can trial both Tidal and SoundCloud Go+ for at least a month, occasionally even longer. Unlike Spotify, there's no free tier and no way without an account to search their catalog. Using Soundiiz you can try to convert all your Spotify playlists to Tidal or SoundCloud. This takes a few minutes and it will tell you the success rate in % of how many songs were successfully matched. Depending on genre, you might end up with a few songs that can't be found on Tidal or SoundCloud.

2. Soundiiz and the likes will convert each playlist individually and also give you the success rate one playlist at a time.

3. Although Tidal also has Podcasts you will need to search and resubscribe, and it's not guaranteed that you will find them all. You might have better success finding all your Podcast on Google Podcasts or similar.

All the best

Fred (from Switzerland)

Absolutely if Spotify cuts its relationship with Algoriddim, I will drop my subscription with Spotify instantly. I too use Algoriddim’s Djay mainly because of Spotify integration. Now all these years of creating playlists will now go to waste! I know there are ways of migrating to Soundcloud or Tidal, but why put your loyal clients through this painful process?! I will instruct my DJ community to cancel all Spotify subscriptions (A member of 100+ strong), if this happens.

Very very bad move Spotify! This is one of the reasons why I subscribe to Spotify Premium! 

I am very unhappy with this decision. Did you consult with the community because I certainly was not asked about this!

Why did you do this? 

I would urge you to resume integration with Djay Pro 2 - it is what made Spotify so worthwhile for amateur DJs like myself! It was a great combination.

Please please reconsider this!

Suggested posts