Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2015

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

I hear rumours that Spotify will no longer be integrated with Algoriddim djay from 1st July 2020 onwards, is this true?  What are you able to tell me about this?  Do you have plans to integrate with any other DJ software (e.g. Serato, Rekordbox etc.) in the future?

225 Replies

thanks a lot Fred

Thanks. I've switched to Tidal too.. 

Hello again from France, Tidal in test mode :

Interactions with Djay

- Switching all my playlists with Tunemymusic (14725 songs) took a while but the result is impressive : 98%

- Tidal integration is perfect, songs are loading fast, sound quality is very good

- All my CUE that i made with Spotify are here (and I make a lot...), that's a very good news.

Tidal :

+ It's almost the same, very similar as Spotify. Music discovery is a bit different, I will get used to it but I found a lot of tracks with the suggestions a the end a a playlist, it's very useful and less redondant than in Spotify.

- No more playlist of the week and access to many playlists that i used too, +I'll adapt.

After transferring music from Spotify, play your music from either Tidal or Soundcloud, whichever you transferred to. I find that some particular mixes and versions of songs I chose are not the same! Also, I created many playlists from spotify in Djay’s program. Will these tracks be automatically recognized from Soundcloud or Tidal after Spotify is gone??? That is a MUST for Algoriddim... to make sure that these songs are not just greyed out or disappear totally.

Spotify DJ integration goes away over my dead body. <- fact

Spotify is now in the process of creating their own DJ app.

What?  Are you sure?

Thanks for this. Seamless transfer and 99% transfer. See ya Spotify and thanks for making me change as opposed to making it easier for us to stay. Opening the door for competition is a crazy option regardless of future plans. 

The alternative is take your customer on a journey and give them insights or teasers of the bold future. Inspire them to keep loving. Don't pull the rug out without a thanks or bye your leave. So sad 😭 

Go to tunemymusic and transfer all your playlists to anywhere else. 

I did mine to Tidal yesterday. 17k songs moved and better sound quality. 

Such a shame that Spotfy and forgotten about it's dj peeps. 

• thanks for the tunemymusic option. I was *bleep* myself as to loosing all my playlists. Wicked result and 99% of 17k songs moved to Tidal. Boom🙏🥰🥵

Please don't end this integration!!!!!!

This a good example for a bad business decision. I moved 7 years ago from iTunes to Spotify exactly for the reason to get the support of add on apps like DJ Pro; now Spotify becomes as arrogant as iTunes and probably looses a lot of supporters and wouldn‘t get as much new customers as it could. If it stops the support for those app without „any“ solution for its customers, very bad... could get worse in the future. I‘ll check out other solutions as many others of the community who posted here their frustration, and certainly not recommending Spotify anymore as I always did in the past. Stupid mistake by management... 

Since Spotify could not buy DJAY, they apparently decided to cut ties and create their own DJ program... to come.
That is my guess!

*facepalm* I hate my life....

Spotify, please sit down and make a deal with Djay and don't do this silly thing. Or at least build your own DJ app.

How can we vote so that this integration continues with DJay software?

As you can see, a lot of users of spotify and DJAY software will be affected, as we rely a lot on Spotify.

Hello @robgarza79!

Feel free to create an idea in the Community Ideas Exchange if you have any suggestions for Spotify. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The solution is Easy .. just follow the instruktions on algorridims HomePage .. move playlists to tidal and keep on spinning ,, i DId it and 98 % of my somgs was on tidal , just some swedish**bleep** Wasnt on tidal. The tidal app loooks identicly as Spotify .. sound quality better on tidal.. win win.. tidal Works with Serato too.. boom

When you switch to Tidal, you lose the Echo Nest and the hundreds and hundreds of unique genres that Spotify has.

I’m sorry but they have zero interest in that 

Suggested posts