Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

What are your thoughs on Tidal or Souncloud with DJAY, neither of them are available in my country, but as soon as either one is available I will leave Spotify, any thoughs so far?

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I would keep it as a back up for tracks you may need. In the meantime - build your own collection. DJ Pro is really good. As are others !
Highlighted

Casual Listener
No, it doesn't. If you have a apple compatible file on your hard drive it will play but if you want to drag something in Apple Music it won't load.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Not solved at all.  Here's a question you might be able to help with, though.  Why should I continue my Spotify service after I've picked up Tidal by necessity and also have Apple Music and Bandcamp for investigative listening?  You're just a redundant waste of money now.  Convince me otherwise.

Highlighted

Regular

I think that an APP like DJay and others that bridges the divide between multiple library sources and opens up the walled garden and plethora of music in a fun way to enjoy music is clear win for all involved. Especially at a time like now. Music is very important to me as a de-stressing and creative outlet.

I am hopeful Spotify will delay the sunsetting of their third-party dj app support until further notice. 

Many using the DJ apps on their mobile devices aren’t professional club DJs, but if they are I think we can all agree that a pro-subscription would be an alternative option to consider... I know I would consider it despite not being a DJ, just because I get to overlay crickets and birds in the background around a campfire during this pandemic.

Btw, the ultimate, is using UE Hyperbooms in this setup which I do. My family loves it.

All the best and stay safe!

Highlighted

Visitor

Please at least offer a Pro Account for making DJing possible again!

Casual Listener

Before this whole announcement and the poor start Tidal had, I initially thought they were a joke and didn't even consider the thought. With this announcement from Spotify I thought, what can I lose with a 3 month for £3 trial? 

Turns out Tidal is actually really good and this is coming from somebody that is a big fan of Spotify!! Out of 5000 songs, they were missing 27 (most pretty obscure, don't blame them). No weekly playlist but a whole bunch of other strong recommendations, can't say I particularly miss the weekly release. The only downside for me is the lack of podcasts but I can get that from somewhere else. 

Ultimately, I don't understand this business move. Surely Spotify knows that Tidal's software isn't that far behind and their biggest struggle is recovering from their horrible start, so why they would give the public a reason to try their competitors and miss the opportunity to be at the forefront of what could be a revolution in the way people DJ at home, is beyond me. They probably think is a tiny matter, little proportion of their customer base, well let's see how that goes.... 

Highlighted

Music Fan
You’re totally right. Their just thriving your money now. Drop their
subscription and spend the money on gear 🙂
Highlighted

Casual Listener

As of July 2, Spotify is still playing in DJay.

Highlighted

Roadie

@Beginnings Shhhh.  We don’t want Spotify to find out.

SUGGESTED POSTS