Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2015

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

I hear rumours that Spotify will no longer be integrated with Algoriddim djay from 1st July 2020 onwards, is this true?  What are you able to tell me about this?  Do you have plans to integrate with any other DJ software (e.g. Serato, Rekordbox etc.) in the future?

225 Replies

I would keep it as a back up for tracks you may need. In the meantime - build your own collection. DJ Pro is really good. As are others !

No, it doesn't. If you have a apple compatible file on your hard drive it will play but if you want to drag something in Apple Music it won't load.

Not solved at all.  Here's a question you might be able to help with, though.  Why should I continue my Spotify service after I've picked up Tidal by necessity and also have Apple Music and Bandcamp for investigative listening?  You're just a redundant waste of money now.  Convince me otherwise.

I think that an APP like DJay and others that bridges the divide between multiple library sources and opens up the walled garden and plethora of music in a fun way to enjoy music is clear win for all involved. Especially at a time like now. Music is very important to me as a de-stressing and creative outlet.

I am hopeful Spotify will delay the sunsetting of their third-party dj app support until further notice. 

Many using the DJ apps on their mobile devices aren’t professional club DJs, but if they are I think we can all agree that a pro-subscription would be an alternative option to consider... I know I would consider it despite not being a DJ, just because I get to overlay crickets and birds in the background around a campfire during this pandemic.

Btw, the ultimate, is using UE Hyperbooms in this setup which I do. My family loves it.

All the best and stay safe!

Please at least offer a Pro Account for making DJing possible again!

Before this whole announcement and the poor start Tidal had, I initially thought they were a joke and didn't even consider the thought. With this announcement from Spotify I thought, what can I lose with a 3 month for £3 trial? 

Turns out Tidal is actually really good and this is coming from somebody that is a big fan of Spotify!! Out of 5000 songs, they were missing 27 (most pretty obscure, don't blame them). No weekly playlist but a whole bunch of other strong recommendations, can't say I particularly miss the weekly release. The only downside for me is the lack of podcasts but I can get that from somewhere else. 

Ultimately, I don't understand this business move. Surely Spotify knows that Tidal's software isn't that far behind and their biggest struggle is recovering from their horrible start, so why they would give the public a reason to try their competitors and miss the opportunity to be at the forefront of what could be a revolution in the way people DJ at home, is beyond me. They probably think is a tiny matter, little proportion of their customer base, well let's see how that goes.... 

You’re totally right. Their just thriving your money now. Drop their
subscription and spend the money on gear 🙂

As of July 2, Spotify is still playing in DJay.

@Beginnings Shhhh.  We don’t want Spotify to find out.

still working indeed

Shh don't tell them...they'll turn it off

Yeah it’s like Spotify is like “hey so we lied to you to make you sign up with us and now we’re gonna throw you all under the bus... psych! That was the real lie! Hahahahaha haha you’ll never know what to expect with us here at Spotify MWA HA HA HA HA!” 

Will Spotify have its own DJ app? Or can you DJ from any existing apps besides DJay?

Pacemaker still utilizes Spotify. Djay may soon be over. As of 7/3/2020 however Spotify is still on Djay.

Well I’m glad that we have more time with this experience. It’s been great to enjoy music this way and the sunset hasn’t finished yet. So might as well appreciate what we all have still. The best of all worlds.

I think it would be a good idea for Spotify to purchase Serato’s Pyro. At least for the automixing capabilities, along with Spotify’s Group Session mode I think it would be a wonderful synergy to the session experience. The interface / gestures of bubbling songs up to the top of a queue is great too especially when you have a drink in one hand and your phone in the other.

DJay really enhances the Spotify experience bur that would be a bit of a stretch to replicate. I hope they consider all the feedback from this forum.

All the best and stay safe!

Not when the gear works with djay and Spotify is what you have already paid for because the foolish past version of myself trusted Spotify.

The problem there is a, that turntable and djay are very very different apps resulting in very different end products for your mixing. And b, the ceo of turntable has also released statements saying their very disappointed with this Spotify decision.

“ Of Spotify's change in policy regarding DJing apps, Pacemaker CEO Jonas Norberg says in a new blog post: “Spotify has been a great partner and we're saddened by the news, but we of course respect their business decision”.May 14, 2020”

I don’t respect their “business decision” personally. It’s kinda like when the **bleep** moved to gas instead of bullets because it would cost less. Great business decision guys.

I have no idea why it’s still working after all this build up.. it’s almost like they didn't realise how many **bleep** off people there are hoping they get sued if they do drop support for so many people that were giving them money for premium subs..

I have moved to tidal. I tried moving to soundcloud go, and although soundcloud is great for new, underground, unsigned or u heard of music, it was a really bad user interface and lacks a **bleep** of a lot of normal music. Tidal has all of my music Spotify has (give or take a few tracks which don’t exist) and as a music streaming service, it is geared up around current mainstream music (if you search for say a funk playlist it brings up a load of west coast rap artists for example)

The downside to tidal is djay pro and serato can’t analyse your library, and will only do so on a track by track basis as you play them.
There’s a workaround with auto mix however

I’ve used the tidal 3 month free trial algoriddim give and I am binning Spotify off by the end of the month as it’s completely worthless to me now. I feel sorry for algoriddim because Spotify integration was a huge selling point, but great they teamed up with tidal to get a 3 month trial for Djay pro users!

In all honesty, I’m not missing Spotify at all, tidal is great and you can tell it’s going to only get better. I took advantage of the 3 month offer but I can tell you right now Spotify will never receive another penny from me. I’ll still stick around on here to read all the hate sent Spotify’s way though😂
Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically ''Always use an appropriate and respectful language when you post information in the Community''. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Spotify-Support-Community-Guidelines/ta-p/4575166

Suggested posts