Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2015

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

I hear rumours that Spotify will no longer be integrated with Algoriddim djay from 1st July 2020 onwards, is this true?  What are you able to tell me about this?  Do you have plans to integrate with any other DJ software (e.g. Serato, Rekordbox etc.) in the future?

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and voicing your concerns.

We can confirm that throughout 2020 Spotify will cease to be playable through 3rd party DJ apps. It's possible that for some users the service remains active a while longer, however it's not officially supported and we can't guarantee that it'll function properly. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously and we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users. We'll share any news on the matter on this page, as soon as there are any. 

In the meantime, you can post an idea on our board that requests that the integration with 3rd party DJ apps gets reintroduced. You can learn how do to this here. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see how popular a certain idea is with our users and helps us constantly improve the app. You can learn more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there!

Algoriddim has now officially announced that their integration will be deactivated, as you can see here. Therefore, from July 1, 2020, Spotify will no longer be playable through 3rd party DJ apps.

I hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

225 Replies

Hi @djay_user, thanks for writing.

As far as I'm concerned, there are no plans for Spotify to suspend the integration with DJay Pro. 

On the other hand, it would be great to be able to integrate Spotify with Serato or Traktor. Let's hope it becomes a reality soon!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi there!

Please just don’t quit with Djay Software from Algoriddim!
I am a subscriber of both, and it will make both useless for me.
Why change such a successful and beautiful partnership?
Please, do not do it!!! 🙏🏻
Regards, and keep up with the good work!

The only reason I have spotify is for use with Algoriddim Djay.
I stream less tracks then the average user, (im sure you will verify that by running my account) which makes me more profitable than regular listeners, as i purchase a family subscription despite being one user.

I would appreciate input from either (if not both) company to confirm or deny these observations of an apparent relationship breakdown, with seemingly innevitable fourthcomming consequences for customers.

If a deal is in negotiatio, as a spotify user, i would like you to know that its not only djay that will be losing me as a customer, its spotify too.

yes I would like to know when the spotify is dropping djay pro and who they partner with next?

News is properly out about this now and I’m in the same position of paying a premium account and having the djay app. So it looks like I’ll be cancelling premium and taking the djay promoter advice to trial soundcloud and tidal https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2020/03/spotify-to-stop-working-in-djay/?fbclid=IwAR3e4dkYxNo-QT4ZmFH2...

Very unfortunate decision to end support for DJ Pro. I can’t justify have multiple streaming services and therefore sound cloud and/or tidal will be picking up my business. I currently pay for a family premium account. I know of 4 or 5 others who will also be switching for the same reason. 

I would have happily paid a premium to maintain this capability. Hopefully you will reconsider in the future. 

Marked as solution

Hello there!

Algoriddim has now officially announced that their integration will be deactivated, as you can see here. Therefore, from July 1, 2020, Spotify will no longer be playable through 3rd party DJ apps.

I hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Sorry to hear. Don't want to go 😪

I chose Spotify because it has great integrations with other apps like Djay Pro and Logitech Squeezebox / Media Server.

Damm, need to migrate my whole Family to Tidal. Lot's of work for what???

Stupid decision of Spotify!!

this is terrible news, super disappointing Spotify

Extremely disappointing.

Spotify, please tell us you have something else coming for DJs using your catalogue. The worst thing about SaaS is when companies fundamentally break software for users with no alternatives.

For everyone impacted, we can't get a refund for Djay Pro, nor is there any alternative to buy for Spotify integration. The only option is to quit using Spotify and move on? Sucks.

Thats very unfortunate, for it was great for the occasional party - i hope spotify reconsiders this decision - or ill have to switch to tidal

Yep, totally hit the nail here.

#Spotify don't do this to your users. I wouldn't mind paying an additional fee. Please consider all the time and work that DJs put into making cues and playlists. This is a major catastrophe for the DJ industry. Honestly, it might affect you more at the end, people adapt quickly to new technologies and you might be losing an opportunity here. I actually saw the integration of Spotify in the djay app as a trendsetting technology.

You don't need a refund for djay Pro, you just need to change your music provider in djay to one of the offered Spotify competitors.

in other words: Spotify is forcing us to move to Tidal, Soundcloud or others if we want to combine a streaming opportunity with the music we bought .... not a smart nor customer centric decision. If Spotify has a license problem: listen to your customers and offer a Pro Version with a reasonable premium for DJ's and you increase revenues and satisfy customers.

Totally with you. I'm currently on a Tidal trial, testing its integration in Algoriddim djay Pro and Serato DJ Pro. Spotify sure offers a lot more in the field of discovering music, user and curated playlists to follow, the whole friends activity stream, the crossfading of songs. Transferring my Spotify playlists to Tidal with Soundiiz also drops a few songs off of some playlists as it can't find those on Tidal. Tidal can still improve on some of these. Since both offer family plans for just about the same cost, I'm considering the switch.

I think I'll wait until July 1st and then take advantage of Tidal's 4 months for £4 offer which works out better than 3 months free and then paying for a month.  The only thing that concerns me with Tidal is availability of songs as it seems more centred towards USA artists, this could be the moment for Tidal though having partnered with Djay, Serato & Dennon in the DJ software market.

Ithink a spotify Rep should come down here immidiatley and give us the reason why they canceled the djay pro2 connection.

too big to fail? clearly dont give 2 **bleep**$$ about its customers

yes - I am close to do the same.

It is quite sad to see how Spotify ignores business opportunities which would have been in favor of their client base. Coming up with some Pro features (incl. HD music features) would have been a much smarter move to lock-in the current, rather professional users and getting new ones (bringing them over from Soundcloud and other, rather poor (sound) quality services)). I really hope that the rumor Spotify want to bring DJ-like mixing functionality is just a hoax. There is no way they can catch up which hardware integration done by Neumark, Denn, Pioneer, Reloop and others.

Suggested posts