Announcements

Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Regular
I am totally with Erob, I think he exposed things just as they are in the reality and that is also how I did in the past (taking music free when no streaming was integrated) and that is also why I switched to the Premium Spotify account and then added my family mates. As soon as they enforce their blocking to play in Djay (and in other DJ applications) I switch to SoundCloud Premium because I am already registered free there and already have imported my playlists.
Highlighted

Visitor

Just circling back on this - as of this morning I can still use my Spotify through Djay Pro - anyone else has this?

I am not complaining!! 

Highlighted

Visitor
Yep, still working for me today. 😄
Highlighted

Regular

Unless I missed it, I wish they would tell us what's going on. I'm ready to switch to Tidal as soon as Spotify stops working on DJay Pro. I'm also moving to listening to lossless audio and the fact Spotify doesn't support that, is making me more and more tempted to leave. 

Highlighted

This is hugely disappointing to learn about. I've considered doing a bit of home dj'ing for years and  just decided to get an entry mixer as I finally had the finance. In researching the one I got I watched quite a few online videos about Spotify integration, granted they were from 2019 (!) but I didn't realise this has now stopped. What a bummer.

I effectively ditched my hard music library and have just focused on expanding my like tracks/albums and playlists on Spotify catalogue so I have nothing recent to use. 

Can anyone from the company confirm that there is definitely going to be no solution to this going forward? If not, what a disappointment for what has otherwise been a really great service. 

Highlighted

Visitor
Spotify is still working with the Djay app. I was playing it tonight. Don’t know if it’s a cooling off period but as it stands it’s still working.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Please can someone post some good news here. Please continue support for DjayPro...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This is ridiculous. I hope they know how many users they'll lose just over something like this. I'm a proud Spotify user and I tell everyone I know its superior. But its only superior because of partnerships such as the one with Algoriddim. Hope they reconsider and decide not to remove.

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and voicing your concerns.

We can confirm that throughout 2020 Spotify will cease to be playable through 3rd party DJ apps. It's possible that for some users the service remains active a while longer, however it's not officially supported and we can't guarantee that it'll function properly. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously and we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users. We'll share any news on the matter on this page, as soon as there are any. 

In the meantime, you can post an idea on our board that requests that the integration with 3rd party DJ apps gets reintroduced. You can learn how do to this here. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see how popular a certain idea is with our users and helps us constantly improve the app. You can learn more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Casual Listener

If you told us why this integration is being removed, we could post an idea about a better alternative, instead of requesting "that the integration with 3rd party DJ apps gets reintroduced"

SUGGESTED POSTS