Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2015

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

I hear rumours that Spotify will no longer be integrated with Algoriddim djay from 1st July 2020 onwards, is this true?  What are you able to tell me about this?  Do you have plans to integrate with any other DJ software (e.g. Serato, Rekordbox etc.) in the future?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hello there!

Algoriddim has now officially announced that their integration will be deactivated, as you can see here. Therefore, from July 1, 2020, Spotify will no longer be playable through 3rd party DJ apps.

I hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Mihail

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and voicing your concerns.

We can confirm that throughout 2020 Spotify will cease to be playable through 3rd party DJ apps. It's possible that for some users the service remains active a while longer, however it's not officially supported and we can't guarantee that it'll function properly. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously and we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users. We'll share any news on the matter on this page, as soon as there are any. 

In the meantime, you can post an idea on our board that requests that the integration with 3rd party DJ apps gets reintroduced. You can learn how do to this here. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see how popular a certain idea is with our users and helps us constantly improve the app. You can learn more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

225 Replies
SUGGESTED POSTS