Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2015

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

I hear rumours that Spotify will no longer be integrated with Algoriddim djay from 1st July 2020 onwards, is this true?  What are you able to tell me about this?  Do you have plans to integrate with any other DJ software (e.g. Serato, Rekordbox etc.) in the future?

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and voicing your concerns.

We can confirm that throughout 2020 Spotify will cease to be playable through 3rd party DJ apps. It's possible that for some users the service remains active a while longer, however it's not officially supported and we can't guarantee that it'll function properly. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously and we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users. We'll share any news on the matter on this page, as soon as there are any. 

In the meantime, you can post an idea on our board that requests that the integration with 3rd party DJ apps gets reintroduced. You can learn how do to this here. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see how popular a certain idea is with our users and helps us constantly improve the app. You can learn more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

225 Replies

We could never imagine that Spotify would leave us like garbage. Regardless all the investment that all a community did.

They pushed us to invest time and money in it.

It was a great idea and obviously the future of DJing so we believed them !

And now, they would want us to complete a 500 signatures to make us swallow the pill !

Only a very few persons go on this forum so we are just the top of the iceberg.

DJ community should make noise about it but Spotify plays with us because we are not organized as a strong community.

I yeah I’m still super salty about this too! 

As for their “response” I can’t see the justification for it, they **bleep** artists and now they’re dicking consumers.

it’s been said before but if they had just consulted consumers about a potential “slightly more expensive paid, service for DJing”, people could have had a good think on whether it was worth their money.

I went to tidal for a bit and it was decent and worked well with Djay, but I wasn’t using it as much... what with the way the world is and not really entertaining guests.

I’m on Apple Music now via my SIM provider. Spotify will never see any money from me ever again, and any opportunity I get to convert or slander Spotify I lick my lips with anticipation #GFYSPOTIFY

Keep fighting the good fight! It’s nice that other people feel the same.

Not recommending this at all, and sadly it’s a big middle finger to algoriddim who are NOT the problem

but cracked copies of djay pro still work with Spotify just fine...

ive now also binned off Spotify - I now use YouTube music to find new music (has wayyyy more tunes than Spotify anyway!) and started using rekordbox and buying music slowly over time (also buying old CDs on Amazon and ripping them down - can buy 2-3 triple albums a month for the same cost as a Spotify subscription!) 

I still don’t get why Spotify made this decision other than possible pressure from labels - instead of just making a function which made its users and the labels happy

I've been successfully using T I D A L since I lost the use of Spotify. It works great!

Tidal.  And you get the videos as a plus too!

subscribe now

Suggested posts