Announcements

Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Integration for Algoriddim DJay Pro

Extremely disappointing.

Spotify, please tell us you have something else coming for DJs using your catalogue. The worst thing about SaaS is when companies fundamentally break software for users with no alternatives.

For everyone impacted, we can't get a refund for Djay Pro, nor is there any alternative to buy for Spotify integration. The only option is to quit using Spotify and move on? Sucks.

Highlighted

Visitor

Thats very unfortunate, for it was great for the occasional party - i hope spotify reconsiders this decision - or ill have to switch to tidal

Highlighted

Regular
Yep, totally hit the nail here.
Highlighted

Visitor

#Spotify don't do this to your users. I wouldn't mind paying an additional fee. Please consider all the time and work that DJs put into making cues and playlists. This is a major catastrophe for the DJ industry. Honestly, it might affect you more at the end, people adapt quickly to new technologies and you might be losing an opportunity here. I actually saw the integration of Spotify in the djay app as a trendsetting technology.

Highlighted

Regular

You don't need a refund for djay Pro, you just need to change your music provider in djay to one of the offered Spotify competitors.

Highlighted

Regular

in other words: Spotify is forcing us to move to Tidal, Soundcloud or others if we want to combine a streaming opportunity with the music we bought .... not a smart nor customer centric decision. If Spotify has a license problem: listen to your customers and offer a Pro Version with a reasonable premium for DJ's and you increase revenues and satisfy customers.

Highlighted

Regular
Totally with you. I'm currently on a Tidal trial, testing its integration in Algoriddim djay Pro and Serato DJ Pro. Spotify sure offers a lot more in the field of discovering music, user and curated playlists to follow, the whole friends activity stream, the crossfading of songs. Transferring my Spotify playlists to Tidal with Soundiiz also drops a few songs off of some playlists as it can't find those on Tidal. Tidal can still improve on some of these. Since both offer family plans for just about the same cost, I'm considering the switch.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I think I'll wait until July 1st and then take advantage of Tidal's 4 months for £4 offer which works out better than 3 months free and then paying for a month.  The only thing that concerns me with Tidal is availability of songs as it seems more centred towards USA artists, this could be the moment for Tidal though having partnered with Djay, Serato & Dennon in the DJ software market.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Ithink a spotify Rep should come down here immidiatley and give us the reason why they canceled the djay pro2 connection.

too big to fail? clearly dont give 2 **bleep**$$ about its customers

Highlighted

Regular

yes - I am close to do the same.

It is quite sad to see how Spotify ignores business opportunities which would have been in favor of their client base. Coming up with some Pro features (incl. HD music features) would have been a much smarter move to lock-in the current, rather professional users and getting new ones (bringing them over from Soundcloud and other, rather poor (sound) quality services)). I really hope that the rumor Spotify want to bring DJ-like mixing functionality is just a hoax. There is no way they can catch up which hardware integration done by Neumark, Denn, Pioneer, Reloop and others.

SUGGESTED POSTS