Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2015

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

I hear rumours that Spotify will no longer be integrated with Algoriddim djay from 1st July 2020 onwards, is this true?  What are you able to tell me about this?  Do you have plans to integrate with any other DJ software (e.g. Serato, Rekordbox etc.) in the future?

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and voicing your concerns.

We can confirm that throughout 2020 Spotify will cease to be playable through 3rd party DJ apps. It's possible that for some users the service remains active a while longer, however it's not officially supported and we can't guarantee that it'll function properly. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously and we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users. We'll share any news on the matter on this page, as soon as there are any. 

In the meantime, you can post an idea on our board that requests that the integration with 3rd party DJ apps gets reintroduced. You can learn how do to this here. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see how popular a certain idea is with our users and helps us constantly improve the app. You can learn more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

225 Replies

It probably is. Since it is in their development terms since late 2018. So I assume they are now enforcing what was already in the terms. But what I am missing is the dialog with customers. One would assume that Spotify has a real strategy here and they could explain their reasons. 

But they choose not to do that. What's the use for a community if there is no dialog 😉

Due to that decision, I'm cancelling my Spotify Subscription, and moving to Tidal, SoundCloud or whatever being supported by DJ apps.

Absolutely gutted about this decision. Its the only reason I went for a premium account with Spotify. I DJ as a form of relaxation and to have spotify integrate with DJay was brilliant. I hope this isn't the end. I don't really want to shift my sub to Tidal 😞

• Oh my days .., why would you revoke your partnership with DJ2 .. it’s madness without having any solution in place for all of us who are committed to Spotify because of this partnership .. there send NO explanation as to why ... no solution apart from us all moving .. madness .. ?? So are you bringing out your own DJ software ?? 

Hey Spotify!
Why are you doing this? This is definitely a step backwards!
With such a step, I'm also thinking about selling my spotify shares. Steps like these do not seem very smart to me. Please explain!!
Cheers, Tesbu

This would explain Spotify's decision.
@Spotify: If this is true - why haven't you annouced it yet?
Do you want to annoy your users?

Really sad! I really enjoyed my personal recommendations ..

Hello, I hope spotify themselves come with a kind of dj option

It’s disappointing that Spotify is revoking their partnership with Algoriddim smh

Although I use djay pro (free version) I find this tool useful for my music needs but all good things just come to an end sadly

I will still use Spotify, but this inevitable event is a huge blow to me

Very disappointing decision by Spotify. No way I can pay for two subscriptions so it's off to Tidal for me sadly.

this is not correct. You can use Spotify or Soundcloud with DJay and there are straightforward ways of moving your playlists across also.

Hi.

I have a suggestion that spotify allow to playlist to interchange, and one is able to manipulate one side meanwhile the other is playing.

Beatport looks a good alternative. Good price for basic use.

Hi guys, any update on this matter? I was thinking that maybe Spotify will create a new membership to extend permissions to link these kind of apps.... In the other hand, Spotify might lose a big piece of their business if they start quiting to the integrations, just like this.... I think I would migrate my playlist to soundcloud and then pay just subscription, offcourse I can keep the free spotify for another porposes... Thank you!!!

No news is bad news in this case.  It’s already June and Spotify still has not offered an equal or better alternative.

Keep telling Spotify on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram that you still refuse to live without being able to use Spotify in 3rd party DJ apps.  And don’t let up until they change their minds.

If they really do care, they will never ever go through with this decision.  Otherwise, there is no “care” in “SpotifyCares.”

Spot on buddy

well, I would love to see such an optional service/fee coming up with Spotify but I doubt that this will happen.

They have 124 million paying user - how many of them are DJs and do they (we) really move the needle?

All mentioned options here like soundcloud etc do not satisfy my view on sound quality etc and I fear that Tidal may have similar problems in future (hence we are talking about some issues around terms and rights). Plus Tidal is still a streaming service and need connectivity whilst used.

I am exploring DJ music pools like BPM supreme or Heavy Hits and others to see if they would be an option and legally safe. 

greetings from Germany 

Tidal is no different from Spotify with regards to a connection being required for DJay. Both allow downloads for private use but DJay is not allowed to access downloads for licensing reasons.

So we have all created “my library” playlists in DJAY linked to Spotify. What NEEDS to happen is to have a tool in DJAY in the near future to automatically repopulate these playlists based on Tidal or Soundcloud (Tidal will do a better job since Soundcloud is all remixes and **bleep**) so that these lists will be just as if we never lost Spotify.

WE CAN MAKE SPOTIFY REVERSE THEIR DECISION, EVEN IF WE ARE ONLY A FEW HUNDRED IN MILLIONS!  I KNOW WE CAN!  IT CAN BE DONE!

Suggested posts