Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify PS4 App not Working

Spotify PS4 App not Working

App will not start songs. Doesn't matter if I try to start a song with the playstation, by using my phone as a remote, my playlist, other playlist, etc. Under no circumstances can I start a song at will. As soon as i click play on a song, the song pauses. By pressing random songs in a playlist over and over again, eventually the song will play (usually 1/50 presses). Then, to my dismay, it will only play for about an hour from a playlist before I get to have that fun all over again. I absolutely love spotify. Its the only source of music I use. Why is the playstation app so broken?

12 Replies

Have the exact same problem!

Same, love paying for an app that doesn't work.

Since about 4 days ago PS4 spotify will start song then skip to next about 10 seconds in. Logged out and in about 3 times, still happens. 12/30/15.

I've been having similar problems, i posted about it on Tuesday and still no response from Spotify on this issue. Seen a lot of other posts about the PS4 app not working as it should too, Spotify just don't seem to care unfortunately.

Hey need help i have the problem .,.

Spotify doesn't care about customer satisfaction apparently.. Sad I like em a lot. Paid for the service for a while maybe time to go elsewhere.

Same problem here. Couldn't make it work since I installed it (2 months ago), and still haven't figured it out. In case it helps, I'm using a premium account and I'm writing from Spain.

I hope this gets solved soon, as I've been paying premium for several years and this could be the reason to stop paying for a service which is not working properly.

Regards.

ive had this issue since the apps launch looks very unlikey they will fix it the whole app need a re design and everything

I have this issue and it only happens with premium accounts, and certain internet connections, I tried Spotify using the same ps4 on two different networks and it worked on one but not the other

changing the mtu in the ps4 network setup to 1450 seems to work i have not had a problem since and ive had this problem since the app launched on the ps4 also the ui needs a MASSIVE overhaul its sluggish and very bearbones unless you connect via your phone to use discover etc still 

Im currently having the same issue. Im actually thinking of leaving spotify although i love it but right now iv tweeted out to spotify about 30 minutes ago still no reply..... i really want to listen to it on my ps4 though

It's July 2020 and the Spotify app is failing on the PS4; I keep getting an error with a long string. The app doesn't get past the Spotify splash screen and error. I've even reinitialized the PS4 AFTER several uninstalls and reinstalls. I cannot play Spotify through either a mobile app or the PS4. Playstation is approved under my Spotify account too. I've requested data to see if there's something odd going on with my account, but I have a feeling the problem is with the link between Spotify and Playstation. Why does Spotify keep asking me for my email address? I have an account and I've done a password reset. After a reinitialization on the PS4, which basically resets it to "new", there shouldn't be ANY problem unless the Spotify link to PSN is messed up. I cannot get the PS4 to play from Spotify using the mobile "connect" login. This is nuts. I don't recall having such a persistent bug in Spotify until now. What the heck happened? 

Suggested posts