Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 'Playlist' and 'Up Next' not working with Denon HEOS

Spotify 'Playlist' and 'Up Next' not working with Denon HEOS

...so this all worked perfectly up until a few days ago...

I'm using Spotify with Denon's HEOS system but currently, neither the 'Playlist' nor 'Up Next' are working.

On a playlist, the first track will play, get to the end, and then just sit there... doing nothing... not moving on to the next track. Nothing.

For 'Up Next', a similar issue. The first track will play, get to the end and the app on my Samsung S6 Edge(*) will show the next track, but it never starts. The timer counter will start to increment, get to around 5, 6 or 7 seconds, go back to zero, start counting again and then - some further seconds later - go back to zero. All in silence. And then just sit there. Clicking on a track further down the 'Up Next' queue *sometimes* plays that next track but not always. Very frustrating, this all worked fine up until just a few days ago!

Any ideas from the Community?

(*) Note that the same issue exists when using an iPad, so it's nothing to with Android.

3 Replies

Hi there!

Have you tried a fresh install of the application or tried logging out and back into the application as this works as a refresh, I will look into the issue surrounding the use of Denon HEOS..

Hope this helps 🙂 

hi Greggyf - thanks for taking the time to respond.

I have deinstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app on both the iPad and Android, logged out of Spotify on all devices, power cycled the HEOS amp, deinstalled and reinstalled the HEOS app... no progress... I have a similar ticket open with Denon on this, but they are convinced that this is a Spotify issue.

Hi again,

I'll keep having a look into the issue and hopefully we can find a
resolution soon!!

Suggested posts