Spotify Playlists on Alexa

Spotify Playlists on Alexa

dstskp
Casual Listener

Hi,

I have an issue with my Alexa devices and Spotify, in that it cant find some playlists, or will not play a playlist, instead it just does one song. I've seen this on a few forums but no exact match to my issue, nor a resolution.

This may be a Spotify issue, however if i use Google Assistant (Android Auto) in my car, it can find them no problems

So we have a family spotify account, which give 5 users premium access - 1 for me, my wife, the "house" (which is the one Alexa is linked to) and 2 spare, for my kids when i can sort it

The idea was the house has its own, so i dont stop the music in my car when im on he road, or vise versa, etc

So, if i now ask Alexa "play the big little lies soundtrack" it will play the one track, from TV themes - which can be found easily on Spotify. If i search on Spotify manually on a phone, i can find it no problems. I've tried matching the exact wording of the playlist, asking it to shuffle, i've removed and re-added my Spotify account to Alexa!

This is just one example though. It also cannot find "Kids TV Theme Tunes" playlist, although again i can on a phone

Regions for Spotify and Alexa are both set to UK

Please could somebody help me out with a solution to this. If Alexa cant find public playlists on Spotify, then there isn't any point in it for me as that is the main reason we have it

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

Re: Spotify Playlists on Alexa

Eg11
Casual Listener

Let me start with I know nothing. I was interested in Alexa/Spotify issues to try and answers for an issue I have, and saw your post.

"play the big little lies soundtrack"

That sounds to me like an instruction to play the track for the big little lies theme, rather than telling Alexa it’s a Playlist title. Does it need a clearer instruction to play the whole series of tracks?

see line 1!

Highlighted

dstskp
Casual Listener

nfortunately it makes no difference

I have tried saying "play big little lies playlist" i have tried saying the exact name of the playlist, with and without adding playlist to the end, i've tried shuffling it. None of it works

Other ones, such as teh Kids TV theme's, it just says it cant find it, even though if i look it up on my phone i can find it no problems.

I can log into this spotify account on my phone, look up the playlist, play it, then send it to a connecetd device (the echo) and it will play. If i then stop it and use the Alexa voice command to play it, it just plays the 1 song (as if it cant find the playlist) or says it cant find the playlist, as is the case with the kids TV themes

Annoying to say the least!

doctorstuff

I have the same issue, exept mine won't even play a song from certain playlists.  Most play fine, but several do not play at all.

For example, if I say, "Alexa play Classic Road Trip Songs" on spotify, Alexa will reply, "Playing Classic Road Trip songs on David's Spotify" and then turn off.  Some were playlists that I had previously played on Alexa.

Also, if I play them on the Spotify Web Player, I have no issues at all.

I'd appreciate any help on this matter too!

SUGGESTED POSTS