Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Playlists to Roku

Solved!

Spotify Playlists to Roku

I spoke with Roku first to insure it was working correctly as I am not able to download my playlists onto my Roku for streaming to my TV. Roku is fine so they suggested it is a glitch with Spotify and to contact you about solving the problem. I have seen numerous complaints about this on Google so I know it is not isolated.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For Android users, you can use the new Smart View to connect to your Roku direction and stream the whole device (including audio) to your TV. It's working perfectly for me right now using a relatively old TV, and I can use my phone to control content.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Be like me, vote with your feet. I will not rejoin Spotify until they put back the Playlist feature.

Marked as solution

Now pandora is offering on demand music FREE!!!! F--- paying Spotify. I'm gonna try out pandora for a minute and listen to my albums on surround sound - through my roku! 

Marked as solution

I've recently investigated the possibility of buying a PioneerN30ae streaming unit, "with Spotify facility". I contacted Pioneer UK to check this out. "Spotify have withdrawn their support for this  product"!!

Need I say more? Spotify is dead in the water. Time for Deezer, Amazon, Pandora etc to step up to the plate. Goodbye, Spotify.

O.T.

Marked as solution

i logged in just to like this comment thank you so much

Marked as solution

But it is not available in USA.
Please let me know if I am mistaken.

Marked as solution

I don't have a smart tv and a roku2

112 Replies

I too have been having problems with my playlists not loading or "loading" forever.  There have also been problems with Spotify freezing (especially at the end of a song).  Search works fine most of the time but can be very slow.  While the problem may be with the Spotify software I think that part of the problem is with Roku.  It has taken to freezing and resetting itself, especially when watching movies (such as Netflix).  While I think the dancing "ROKU" is sort of cute, I have seen t more that enough.  Spotify on my computer (which comes off of the same router as Roku) works just fine except for slowing to a crawl at times (which might be my ISP overselling their bandwidth).  I hope that Spotify (and Roku, if necessary) can come up with a solution since I am not willing to keep on paying premium prices for something that doesn't work.

Same issue. Spotify, please update this app! Its functionality was severely limited to begin with, and I had begun to make a lot of playlists to make it easier to find my music on the Roku app. Now you've taken those away too! 

I've been having the same problem- either the playlists tab is forever loading or it shows up with only the favorites list in it. I've tried rebooting the Roku, the wifi, and the app with no success. I don't know what else to do...

When will it all stop...

I don't think Spotify gives a **bleep** about this. It has been going on too long with no positive progress.
You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing!

Yep. Mine started doing it too. 

Maybe posting about the problem got some results.  I turned the TV on today and went to Spotify via my Roku, and lo and behold ALL of my playlists loaded (except for "Discover Weekly" which hasn't loaded for quite some time).  Granted, it took 10 minutes or so for all of the playlists to completely load (not just show the title) but this is the first time that any more than 10% of my playlists have loaded in quite a long time.  This was at noon and I haven't tried Spotify again since I came home from work but we will see......

Apparently it did as when I turned mine on this morning: voila!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

My issue started months ago. At first I could not add any more songs to my playlist. Next, all my playlist were gone. Then I uninstalled spotify from roku and followed the spotify customer service persons advice and unplugged my roku for 10 sec and reinstalled spotify. Same issue present. So frustrated now I guess I'll have to give up on spotify. Funny it works on my phone and pc. I think roku should press spotify to fix this or many customers like myself will be leaving.

Call Roku and they will tell you how to fix

Call Roku and they will tell you how to fix

Roku support just told me it's a Spotify problem.

I was told the same thing, it's a Spotify issue, not Roku. But we already
know that.

YEP. Mine is working fine now

Well this is absolute BS! Has anyone found any kind of solution to this issue. As of last night, my playlists do not show up on my Roku Tv spotify account anymore. I have not had any issues before this.

Count me in with that problem. Gonna give it a few days then cancel my account. The Roku is my main device for listening. 

Yeah it's super frustrating

Same issue here, as of last night. All of our playlists, on both my account & my wife's, no longer appear in the Roku app. They're fine everywhere else.

Yeah literally so angry...And according to all these other posts it doesn't
seem like it's going to be resolved. ...

UPDATE: Did a little digging. Appears that Spotify is at least looking into it, so fingers crossed:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idi-p/1599998

Suggested posts