Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium on Sonos - logs in fine, starts to play song then drops connection

Spotify Premium on Sonos - logs in fine, starts to play song then drops connection

Problem has been occuring over the past few weeks.  Sonos streams and plays all other music services flawlessly (Pandors, Songza, HypeM, etc.).  the spotify connection is slow but it will sometimes play a song in a playlist for a few seconds, then drop.  It will then fail to reconnect and try the next song in the playlist, which will also fail to connect, and so on.  It is stuck in this endless connection failure loop until I change to another music service.  

Bottom line, I can login fine, I can see all my Spotify playlists, I can search for a song - but playing a song fails.

While troubleshooting, I have changed my spotify Premium account password, re authorized my Sonos connection to Spotify. At one point, the re-authorization process seemed to work and I was able to play music for an hour or so.  But after shutting down the Sonos and coming back the next day to play a Spotify Playlist - the problem was back again.

Anyone have any ideas as to why playback is failing or connections are intermittent or being dropped?  Sonos is the primary way i use Spotify so if I cannot get this answered, I'll need to seriously reconsider my annual Spotify membership. 

All ideas welcome!

2 Replies

Is port 4070 definitely open in your firewall (and on your router?

I noticed you are using FIOS in another post, and I had a case with another user recently which was solved by opening the port in their router.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same problem for me exactly.  Any update?  Will give this a few more days and then I'm going to cancel Spotify and give RDIO a try.

Suggested posts