Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium suddenly stops working on Google Home

Spotify Premium suddenly stops working on Google Home

I have a Premium Spotify account. It has been connected to Google Home, probably our main use of Premium. About 2weeks ago it suddenly stops working. I get a message that says "...you'll need to give me some more information, you can do that in the google app."

I've reinstalled everything. Unlinked the account, reconnected. I've even changed my spotify account email so it's the same as my google home account. Still nothing.

I can't think of what else to try.

4 Replies

Hey @kevm0ss.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community and for being so patient 🙂

Have you checked out this thread here? One of our users has provided a solution which might work.

Let us know how it goes! If you need any more help, we'll be right here 🙂

I tried this, the blue banner reads “Link your account with Voice Match” If I tap this it hangs and a small error box says "enrolment can't complete”
In the link account(s) my email address is now relisted along with anonymous user.
Spotify still doesn’t work.
I can ask google a question and it works, just not Spotify.

It is odd because it says the “kitchen speaker” is under “devices not support” but I have trained the device when I first got it! No idea if this is connected. or just a different error.

Hey again @kevm0ss,

In that case, we suggest that you restart all of your devices, and make sure that your Spotify app is up-to-date. Check out this site for steps on how to set up the system.

If that doesn't work, do the following:

• Restart your router.
  • Make sure that all of your devices' software and firmware are up to date (very important).
  • Put the speakers a bit closer to the router and see if it makes a difference.
  • If possible, switch network and see if that helps.

We strongly recommend that you check out the Google Home support site for further troubleshooting.

Hope that helps 🙂

I’ve done all of those things sadly. Even replaced the router and still didn’t work.

It’s odd that it just suddenly stopped working.

I’ve looked at the google home support site and can’t find anything obviousl I have emailed too but not has a response.

It’s extremely frustrating as it is the main reason we have spotify/google home.

Suggested posts