Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Radio straying off-topic

Spotify Radio straying off-topic

Hi All,

I'm hoping this question is on the right board here, as "playlists" was the closest thing to spotify radio i could find.

When i'm playing Spotify Radio, the songs slowly shift into general music. for example i start of with Within Temptation. For the first 20ish songs, its great with Nightwish or After Forever, Slowly it shifts to Takida, then 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Imagine Dragons, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran. (goes a bit slower than that, but that's what actually happens)

I do like a lot of those "off-topic" songs though, so i'm not immediately inclined to thumb them down. But should I?

Are thumbs up/down saved on a per-radiostation basis? And should i thumb down offtopic songs?

3 Replies

Thumbs are station specific from my previous experience using it. If you listen for longer, does it ever go back to the original stuff?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for your reply, I never checked if it ever got back to the original theme after a longer period of time, but i restarted the program, and tried different devices to find the same offtopic music playing.

I'll give it a try to not thumbs up music i find offtopic, i'll see how that works out 🙂

Just a quick update, being more selective in my thumbs ups does seem to do the trick, i don't think thumbing down a track does much, except for banning the specific track from that playlist.

I still think the original track should be made more prominent in the selection of radio tracks, but i understand that would require each track to have a "coordinate" and requires some heavy math and baseline data.

Maybe a button "this track is offtopic" and "this track is ontopic" could be made to improve the radio, and simultaniously "feed" the baseline data for future improvements 🙂

Suggested posts