Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Randomly starts playing the Same artist i've never heard before mid song.

Spotify Randomly starts playing the Same artist i've never heard before mid song.

Hey All.

Over the past week Spotify has been going a bit rogue on me. out of nowhere when i'm in the middle of Listening to Music Spotify Mid song will just randomly cut to a random song by Djmatko. i've never heard of or listened to this artist before nor do i even like or is it similar to what i listen to. it's getting incredibly annoying as sometimes i cant even make it two songs before spotify will just flip over. i've resorted to turning wifi and mobile data off when i listen to my downloaded playlists to stop it from happening. No one else on my Family plan is having the same issue either. Hope someone can help. 

Family Plan

Premium

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8 and Anything else

Operating System

Android

4 Replies

Hello @Jonesy99

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your account, such as music switching without your control, make sure to follow all the steps provided in this support article

Take a look at this article as well on how to protect your Spotify account. 

I hope it helps!

The same is happening to me. Out of nowhere spotify starts playing music from a playlist by Sennanefkins (i saw this username in another complaint about this issue as well, but it was in spanish). I followed all the steps in that article and even after changing password and logging out everywhere multiple times it keeps happening.

I'm having this as well! Changed my Facebook and spotify pw but it keeps playing songs from the playlists of sennanefkens for me.

Hey there @kingpeedur and @Erichii,

Thank you for your posts here in this thread.

We highly recommend you to follow the steps that's provided by @Emilia_8 to make sure there's no unauthorized activity on your account.

You can also perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts