Premium

Country

USA

Device

Spotify Web Player AND Android App

Operating System

Acer Chromebook 15

My Question or Issue

Despite changing some flags settings on Chrome, clearing cookies and caches, Spotify continues to pause *every* song at 9 seconds before resuming play. This has been marked as "Solved" in other threads but it hasn't actually. One user - NOT a Spotify employee of any kind - suggested the flags to help with the problem. It helped me for a few weeks before the issue resumed.

It would be nice if this was an issue that Spotify would actually look into and truly work on solving. I've been a Spotify user since it was in beta in the US but honestly, this is almost enough to make me switch platforms. It's a small thing but it's wildly irritating.

45 Replies

I have had this issue for years, and it's really sad that Spotify either doesn't care or pretends it doesn't exist.

I have this same problem and have spent many an hour trying to sort it unsuccessfully, checking all these threads and doing all the things that everyone suggests and it does not work. One "solution" says its a network problem. That seems like a cop out to me. I would love spotify to come up with something because this is a hoorible glitch to have on every single song

Me too for web player

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts. We're sorry to hear that you experiencing this. We're happy to assist you.

Make sure that your browsers are on the latest available version. If you're unsure, you can look online on what's the current version of the browser you're using to double check.

If that doesn't do the trick - would you mind to try out with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?

It would also be great if you'd let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices using the Web Player?

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm having the same problem

It works in firefox, but it doesn't with ironchrome

It has to be an Spotify issue because any other streaming service is working fine with ironchrome

Hey there @us3r,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

The browsers currently supported are Chrome 45+, Firefox 47+ and Edge 14+ Chrome 62+ and Safari 11+.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

hello, 

I encounter this problem and I tried every web browser available to check if the problem still happens (chrome, Firefox, Edge (the new one), Even Vivaldi and Opera) 

And I also changed network, public IP adress, different accounts, cleared the cache, tried to downgrade my Chrome or upgrade it.

Still the same problem.

I checked within the developper debugging console and indeed I find some errors like the following:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 ()
6vendor~web-player.0cdc4f4e.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) TransportError: Token provider returned the same token twice.
at D._parseProvidedToken (https://open.scdn.co/cdn/build/web-player/vendor~web-player.0cdc4f4e.js:1:1352340)
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://open.scdn.co/cdn/build/web-player/vendor~web-player.0cdc4f4e.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://open.scdn.co/cdn/build/web-player/395.44ebcc34.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://open.scdn.co/cdn/build/web-player/673.8f8433ff.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://open.scdn.co/cdn/build/web-player/xpui-routes-playlist.6975aa85.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://open.scdn.co/cdn/build/web-player/web-player.70706db4.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

No it does not come from my network because I tried several networks, I don't have a firewall blocking anything, It worked great previously.

If you could direct me toward a solution that would be great.

Hi @Claymobil,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try to clear any entries containing Spotify from the host files on your computer.

Follow the instructions in this Solution.

Let us know if that helped.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, Thanks for the reply !

I already tried it and I have no entries in my host file so nothing to delete I'm afraid.

Claymobil.

Hey there @Claymobil,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Can you let us know if this also happens with the desktop and mobile apps, or just with the web player?

Also, does it persist when using an incognito/private window?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

It only happens with the web player indeed. The account on the app works but on this machine this isntallation is not possible, I even have sometimes an error like in the attached file.

EDIT: I also tried in incognito mode and the 9 seconds stop is also there.

2021-02-03 17_11_19-srv-dc - Connexion Bureau à distance.png

Hey @Claymobil,

Thanks for the extra info.

Could you try the solution mentioned on this thread? It seems to have worked for some other users too.

Let us know if it does the trick.

CarlosEModerator

I already went though this method and activated one of the two flags (smooth scrolling) because the other option is not available.

still no luck

Hi @Claymobil,

Thanks for bearing with us.

Can you let us know the make, model and OS version of the computer where you're having this issue? We'd also like to know the version of the browsers you've tried.

Also and if possible, could you try with a different computer using the same network and let us know how it works?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

I've had the same. Experimented with chrome flags similar to those mentioned here and it worked for some time, then came back...

So I went to chrome://flags and started experimenting again. ATM it works again, so I'm sharing the flags I used:

Screenshot from 2021-03-11 16-15-03.png

Experiencing the same glitch, pausing at 9 seconds. It happens on two different machines, two different networks, always with Chrome on Windows 10. 

Kind of ironic now that I stopped using the desktop app because it was too buggy.

Hi @scottfours,

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know if the issue persist using the web player from an incognito window or a different browser?

Additionally, we suggest that you clear your cache and cookies in your browser and check if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

I tried yesterday to change those flags and it seems that it's not better yet. but thanks for the tips 🙂

I emptied the cache once again, I tried several accounts and still no luck.

We whanged time last week end and it seems to be around the same time that the problem came back.

I also created a different virtual machine on a server to check with a different OS > same problem.

Hey folks,

thanks for the detailed info and the troubleshooting you're going through.

Can you let us know if you can try connecting to a different network and disabling any Firewall or other traffic management software that could be blocking Spotify.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts