Premium

Country

USA

Device

Spotify Web Player AND Android App

Operating System

Acer Chromebook 15

My Question or Issue

Despite changing some flags settings on Chrome, clearing cookies and caches, Spotify continues to pause *every* song at 9 seconds before resuming play. This has been marked as "Solved" in other threads but it hasn't actually. One user - NOT a Spotify employee of any kind - suggested the flags to help with the problem. It helped me for a few weeks before the issue resumed.

It would be nice if this was an issue that Spotify would actually look into and truly work on solving. I've been a Spotify user since it was in beta in the US but honestly, this is almost enough to make me switch platforms. It's a small thing but it's wildly irritating.

45 Replies

hi

1. i have this problem only at web player. there is no issue on my phone app.

2. i have run only one tab on my web browser (chome), and this is only spotify player.

3. my internet connection works well. in the same time when spotify stops, other apps work well. IMO this is not connection issue.

best regards

Using a different browser seems to resolve it for me. So this seems to be a chrome-webplayer issue. (also please get rid of the recaptcha, it works awfully and really discourages from submitting bug reports)

Could you tell me which browser you're using ?

i got the same issues. I can listen for like 2 hours and then it always stops at 9 seconds. I'm using Chrome Webplayer. I'm sure it's a recaptcha problem. I checked the network traffice once and the last calls before stopping were some calls associated with recaptcha. I will keep running the webplayer once again tomorrow and check this again.

To moderators:

Do you think it might be worth merging this thread into https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Web-player-stops-after-playing-a-song-for-9-seconds/...

You could collect all the data at the only place, and better understand the actual impact.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread.

As @csbubbles mentioned - we currently have an ongoing issue about this. We suggest that you head over there and leave the information that's being asked for. You can also leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts