Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify TV App (LG Smart TV)

Solved!

Spotify TV App (LG Smart TV)

Hello Community,

On the 3th July 2017 the Spotify TV App was removed from the LG Content Store.
Yesterday I checked for an Update and there was one. So I Updated the App and was happy to use it again but why I can not play & pause music over my phone? Is it so hard to wride a code in the App tp anable this feature? Who else want this feature?

My LG TV was manufactured in Septmber 2016 and here it says 2016 or newer models of LG TVs. Can Someone tell me why it is not working?

PS: Im from germany so sorry for my english ;D

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, so thanks to your post, i recognized that finally the App was updated and working again.

What worked for me is to connect to "LG TV" and not "[LG] webOS TV" in the Spotify app on my mobile phone (Android).

View solution in original post

Screenshot_20180331-092035.png
6 Replies

Hello,

Could you please describe in bit more details what doesn't work? You shall be able to control LG TV from the phone.

//S

It's not working.

I cannot play anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I try to play it from phone or laptop it's saying connecting and doesn't do anything andi if I try to select a song from the TV remote doesn't do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the **bleep** I have to ask the community for help???????? I'm not paying the community! I want to talk with someone form support!

IMG_2313.PNG
IMG_2314.PNG
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 3.45.53 PM.png
Marked as solution

Hey, so thanks to your post, i recognized that finally the App was updated and working again.

What worked for me is to connect to "LG TV" and not "[LG] webOS TV" in the Spotify app on my mobile phone (Android).

Screenshot_20180331-092035.png

The Spotify app does NOT work on my LG tv. There is no video capability on the app, only audio. Nobody should have to ask for this and yet here I am. Is Spotify is catering to a loud minority that don't want to see Rogan's video on Spotify? Yes or yes?

hey so I have an LG tv and I accidentally deleted the app and now I can’t find it in the content store I don't know what to do, it is literally not there

Hey there @alejandra_aroca,

Thanks for the post.

Try restarting the TV. If that doesn't help, check if there are any pending firmware updates and let those run.

In the end, you can do a factory reset of the TV.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts