Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Web Player massive error

Spotify Web Player massive error

On both chrome and firefox, whenever I try to go to play.spotify.com it automatically redirects me to open.spotify.com, however it doesn't do this on internet explorer, so I had been using that for the past couple of weeks. But recently, whenever I try to play music, nothing happens. The player, which is supposed to be on the right side of the screen, never shows up, and it just skips to the next song. I decided to get a plugin for chrome that lets me emulate internet explorer, and when I went to the console this is what I saw: 

conversion.js:23 Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened.
(anonymous) @ conversion.js:23
spotify.web.client.js:418 Connecting to wss://guc3-linkap-a-waid.ap.spotify.com:443
spotify.web.client.js:418 [AppLoader] Using only bundled apps
play.spotify.com/:1 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://play.spotify.com/browse' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://b.scorecardresearch.com/p?c1=2&c2=15654041&c7=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spotify-desktop.com&cv=2.0&cj=...'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.
spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:9 Uncaught Error: Error: An invalid exception was thrown.
at Spotify.Flash.PlayerInterface.load (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:9)
at Object.gotArt (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5)
at Object.base62hex (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:2)
at gotcha (eval at <anonymous> (eval at _onAlbumArt (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5)), <anonymous>:1:202)
at eval (eval at <anonymous> (eval at _onAlbumArt (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5)), <anonymous>:1:221)
at eval (<anonymous>)
at eval (eval at _onAlbumArt (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5), <anonymous>:1:1429)
at eval (<anonymous>)
at Spotify.Gateway._onAlbumArt (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5)
at Spotify.WebSockets.Bridge.trigger.dispatchEvent (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:6)
spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:12 Uncaught TypeError: Error #1009
at com.spotify.player.players::HTTP/_validateKey()
at com.spotify.player.players::HTTP/load()
at com.spotify.player::AudioManager/load()
at MethodInfo-155()
at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/_callIn()
at Function/<anonymous>()
www.googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:9 Uncaught Error: Error: An invalid exception was thrown.
at gotcha (eval at <anonymous> (eval at _onAlbumArt (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5)), <anonymous>:1:202)
at eval (eval at <anonymous> (eval at _onAlbumArt (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5)), <anonymous>:1:221)
at eval (<anonymous>)
at eval (eval at _onAlbumArt (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5), <anonymous>:1:1429)
at eval (<anonymous>)
at Spotify.WebSockets.Bridge.trigger.dispatchEvent (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:6)
at MethodInfo-155()
37i9dQZEVXcGfNvJ2RKpbJ:1 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://play.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZEVXcGfNvJ2RKpbJ' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'http://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZEVXcGfNvJ2RKpbJ?ref=wp'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
at eval (<anonymous>)
at eval (eval at _onAlbumArt (spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5), <anonymous>:1:2095)
at eval (<anonymous>)
load @ spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:9
gotArt @ spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5
base62hex @ spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:2
gotcha
(anonymous)
(anonymous)
_onAlbumArt @ spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5
trigger.dispatchEvent @ spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:6
onMessage @ spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:6
(anonymous) @ spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:6
_socket.onmessage @ spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:6
at MethodInfo-155()
_onFlashError @ spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:12
_onFlashEvent @ spotify.sdk.5.9.6-enc-cf3c98c.min.js:5
bootstrap.js:5 Translation param length mismatch on string: Can't connect to Spotify. {{REASON}}Trying again now{{LOADER}}

2 Replies

Hi!

When to inspect element (ctrl+shift+i) and take the Console tab, it shows me a whole bunch of errors.
My best guess is that play.spotify.com is now officially dead. Now it's the newer player's turn. Good thing is that it leaves out the Flash player since open.spotify uses HTML5.

If you have issues with the new player, let me know, I'll try to help.
(Queuing is currently not there. Please vote for it here, if you'd love it back!)

Seb

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the change, but resisting change is natural. I liked being able to set a private session for one (don't see the option in the new player), and I found the navigation of the old web player easier.

For one, I'm not getting the new player in Firefox (it just stays at play.spotify.com, doesn't redirect) and the old player clearly doesn't work (similar to the OP). Secondly, with the new player in Chrome I'm getting really strange behavior with my headphones. If I have Spotify web player open and playing a track, then when it starts a new track, it (very annoyingly) cuts the sound to my left earbud. If I unplug my headphones and plug them in again, it returns the sound. Of course, this is untenable as a long-term solution. I have found that leaving a youtube video open (and paused) also prevents the issue from happening, though I can't say I'm a fan of this. I don't believe this is a hardware issue on my end, though it's always possible.

I do appreciate moving to HTML5 over Flash given the security issues with Flash.

Suggested posts