Macbook Pro 2014
My Question or Issue
I already tried all the solution posted before (incognito mode/clearing cookies, temp files/reinstalling Chrome but still nothing here.
Web Player don't work anymore neither on latest versions of Chrome nor Firefox, Opera, etc.
I click on any "play" buttons but nothing happens.
Never experienced any problems before.
I'm unable to play any song.
Desktop version of the program is perfectly running instead.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Here are some things you can try - I hope it's more helpful:
If that doesn't do the trick, you can try checking your hosts file.
For that, you'll need admin rights, but otherwise it's an easy procedure!
1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. Go to File - Open and navigate to:
3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like
0.0.0.0 website.com 127.0.0.1 website2.com
Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:
0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net
(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes.
Keep me posted!