Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Web Player not working

Spotify Web Player not working

So I've adjusted my browser settings (chrome) to allow for spotify but I cant get the web player to play any songs.  It justs skips through songs and doesnt play any of them.  Anyone else having this issue?

6 Replies

Hey @tunesmcgee

Have you made sure that Chrome is allowed to play DRM content?

Go to chrome://settings/content

Scroll downwards to the Protected Content, click on it and make sure those 2 sliders are turned on.

Keep me posted. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried that and still wont play 

@tunesmcgee

Could you try incognito window and see if it's still doing that?

Can you also tell me what did you do to allow Spotify to play on your browser? 🙂

I also recommend making sure you're not using VPN, as it may cause issues with the web player. You can also try another browser (Firefox and its blue versions, Opera, Edge) to see if the web player works there.
If it does work there, I'd try resetting Chrome settings and then try personalizing again.

SebastySpotify Star

Hello! I have the same problem, the play button still doesn't work. I tried it with Chrome and Firefox.

Hey @lilyhv

For Firefox I can suggest trying out this:

Go to about:addons and check the Plugins section. There should be a plugin with 'Widewine' in its name, make sure it's allowed to always activate.

Aloso, when you go to about:preferences, there, under the General tab, is a tickbox for playing DRM content. That should be checked.

That should be enough for the browser to play Spotify. You can also try going to Firefox' 'safe mode' (click on Help - restart with addons disabled). If it works that way, then there might be an addon which doesn't interact nicely.

Alternatively you can try the following method, maybe the player is simply stuck:

1. Log to your web player

2. Click on your user icon at the bottom left

3. Click on the "Full Website" button

4. Click on any proposed album under "Looking for music?"
You can also try going to your account, click 'Sign Out Everywhere' and try again.

Is that your home network where you're having issues, or work environment? VPN and internal network restrictions may cause troubles. I personally had problems with my hosts file which had those Spotify entries (no clue where they came from).
You can also try disabling your antivirus for a moment to see if that causes anything, but with http scanning this should at worst cause lags, but not that...

SebastySpotify Star

Hello @Sebasty thanks for the reply.

I did everything you suggested and still not working. It is my school's network but like two weeks ago it was working, and my classmates don't have this problem on their computers. I tried using Chrome but I still have the same issue, the play button doesn't work, neither the shuffle or repeat.

Suggested posts