Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Web Player stops playing songs randomly

Spotify Web Player stops playing songs randomly

I'm using the web player on Chrome OS and haven't had any issues until now. Everything loads up fine, but while I'm playing a song it stops playing randomly and doesn't allow me to start it again. I am able to get it to work again after pausing the song (once it's stopped playing) and playing it again, but this only fixes it for about a minute until it stops playing again. This doesn't happen with any other device either.

It isn't my connection since I am browsing the internet just fine while the music is playing and I have already cleared my cache. I've made sure that I'm not signed in or playing music on any other device. It also can't be ads failing to load, because I'm a premium member. This is beginning to become annoying. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be?

5 Replies

They stopped making updates for my desktop version, but they gave me plenty of warnings before doing so. If you haven't received warnings, assume that is not the case. You can try reinstalling, which has worked for me in the past

How is this marked as a solution? Its the web player..not the app.

Same problem for me. On firefox and on chrome.

Workaround is to use pandora untill they fix this bug.

@Tweardy2990 wrote:

How is this marked as a solution? Its the web player..not the app.

Suggested posts