Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Windows Phone

Solved!

Spotify Windows Phone

Hi!

I read the news that spotify is available in mexico, im from mexico and i would like to have the app on my phone, i have a windows phone, nokia lumia 800, when is it going to be avaiblable the app? i heard that for the iphone its going to be available today. Please let me now

Super user edit: Fixed title

50 Replies

Spotify mobile free is currently only available on iOS 6+ and android 2.3+, unfortunately not on Windows Phone 8. 

If you would like to see it added be sure to add your vote here

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

When will you update WP8 apps ? We dont have radio ...

Hi I've been a spotify premium member for almost a year. I really love this app, it's the best of the best. However, I'm disappointed by the fact that i'm paying $9.99 a month and i'm not getting all the great features on windows phone. I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and it's a windows 8 device. the app on windows is missing a lot of things like radio, sync with tablets, slow search and stream, etc... Please update the app on windows! make it like android or the app on PC.

Hi, i have recently moved from Android and iOS to windows phone. I too am disppointed with the look, feel, features and overall experience with the windows phone app. i will go back to using ripped music if this cannot be resolved soon - it's disappointing that all other platforms were updated a month ago but no sign of an update for windows phone.

this looks good! spotify is very good but the windows phone app SUCKS. maybe now that 8.1 allows apps to be saved to the SD card they can improve this thing they call an app... Hey SPOTIFY give us a launch date!

I am also very disappoinyed with this so called windows app. Ios version have had these great features for ages. I am a paying customer and i insist that you bring playlist searching and browsing to the windows app. I wouldnt mind the radio feature either...

When is this big update actually coming? It's almost summer so I think actual date or week would be nice indeed to know. 

I'm glad to know I'm not the only Windows Phone user here.

We want a competent client so we can use Spotify on our devices. I think we all would love to see all features we're jealous of, like free radio. But we also need more stability.

I'm running Windows Phone 8.1 and most times I play a playlist I keep listening the same song, because the app doesn't start the next one.

I was a Xbox Music user and I switched to Spotify because the desktop client is better, but I think I'm switching back because I don't get a good experience using Spotify on my phone.

The news item mentions two separate updates.

The first brings Radio, Browse and Discover.

The second will bring Free Radio.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/25/spotify-for-windows-phone-2014-revamp/

The point is, I can wait for radio, browse and all of that candy. But I really need stability. Let us, at least, listen to our playlists and offline sync.

It is getting ridiculous...I am using Spotify Premium on iOS, Android, Web...all those platforms provide me same comfort. But why only we need to be waiting so long to WP update to come? I understand marketshare of WP, but we pay the same amount of money, right?

I hope we will receive update very soon, as I might be getting another phone just due to this fact, as I need comfort by using Spotify during the day....

And I am not talking about max streaming quality...160kbps seriously, when iOS and Android can stream 320kbps. This difference is easy to distinguish! 

Thank you and wish us a fingers crossed

The discrimination to windows devices it's so obvious that they don't even have the link to the Windows Phone Store in the official page, as if the official app would not exist. Not to mention that Windows RT users do not have an app, nor those on Windows 8.1 who would like to use a Windows app.
The lack of Windows 8 app has been bugging me for a long time, but since I am an user of Windows Phone the discomfort with Spotify, a company that I used to love and praise, has reached limits that one cannot imagine.
I reached a point when I only keep using spotify because my mobile data provider offers me a discount on my Spotify Premium fee.

I just think how complicated it can be to let the WP app made for company with revenues as Spotify. As I work in logistics/IT/purchasing I know what is possible to achieve when you know how...It is just a shame for Spotify and it reflects their attention for other than iOS users. (I love Apple and I use many products), but there is not excuse to cover eyes in front of Windows users or WP users.

On Windows there is an app, but it is not an Metro style app. You can still use their win32 app or website, I would not see this as a huge problem. But lots of people listen to music on portable device....

How curious is, when someone offer you service like Spotify and then restrict you on 160kbps, or remove you equalizer on iOS 🙂 

On WP there is a nice feature, built in equalizer into system, so every app would sound nice, if there is enough stream quality. I was thinking of 1520 Lumia due to lots of power in audio department...but now I consider buying iPod Touch instead.

This is problem or circle of problems for big companies. Why only Apple did not built in equalizer with customs settings available for every app. Right now EQ works just for Music app, not Spotify...You can write about it, you can scream everywhere...but result is...silence 🙂

Now I have installed latest WP 8.1. and newest Spotify, but to be honest I am not sure if I am happy or not...Why the app isn´t the same layout as iOS and Android, why we get an update after xx months which is an update and new app. It seems they just need to seal our scream for wishes...

I have Lumia 925 and strange thing is happening since WP8. Without headphones, so just on speaker it makes a loud pop sound when I rewind a song. Even when I have a volume 0! I cannot blaim Spotify for that, but in this app it makes a loudes noise. On Metrotube it is not that loud.

Do you have the same or similar issue? Thank you for your feedback

@Peter wrote:

Spotify mobile free is currently only available on iOS 6+ and android 2.3+, unfortunately not on Windows Phone 8. 

Hey guys! Currently the idea for [WP8] Bring Spotify Free to Windows Phone is marked as "watch this space". 

As soon as we've got an update on this we'll let you know there. 

For more info check out our blog post here

@lukasmotan wrote:

Now I have installed latest WP 8.1. and newest Spotify, but to be honest I am not sure if I am happy or not...Why the app isn´t the same layout as iOS and Android, why we get an update after xx months which is an update and new app. It seems they just need to seal our scream for wishes...

I have Lumia 925 and strange thing is happening since WP8. Without headphones, so just on speaker it makes a loud pop sound when I rewind a song. Even when I have a volume 0! I cannot blaim Spotify for that, but in this app it makes a loudes noise. On Metrotube it is not that loud.

Do you have the same or similar issue? Thank you for your feedback

The speaker makes a loud pop sometimes when open the app on my Lumia 920.

@meahtenoha wrote:

@Peter wrote:

Hey guys! Currently the idea for [WP8] Bring Spotify Free to Windows Phone is marked as "watch this space". 

As soon as we've got an update on this we'll let you know there. 

For more info check out our blog post here

Spotify are already working on allowing free users into the Windows Phone 8 app.

http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/02/24/were-updating-our-windows-phone-app/

"This new update will be available for Spotify Premium subscribers at the beginning. But the recently announced Spotify Free for mobile will also be arriving on Windows Phone – follow us on twitter to keep yourself up to date."

Why isnt the Windows Phone Store listed on the Spotify-Homepage? Only App-Store & GooglePlay Store are there for downloading Spotify to mobile phones.

Why can i not search in my library for saved albums or songs ? Right now it's only posible to play and search for playlists, but for me it's not enough. 

Suggested posts