Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Windows Phone

Solved!

Spotify Windows Phone

Hi!

I read the news that spotify is available in mexico, im from mexico and i would like to have the app on my phone, i have a windows phone, nokia lumia 800, when is it going to be avaiblable the app? i heard that for the iphone its going to be available today. Please let me now

Super user edit: Fixed title

50 Replies

all right, I'm ready for Spotify Free on Windows Phone 8........

I've been a Spotify premium subscriber for over a year now.  I used to have an Android phone and always found the app features quite thorough and useful, but now that I've switched to a Windows phone I'm finding (like everyone else apparently) that the Windows version of Spotify is lacking in many features I've grown accustomed to.  First and foremost, the ability to sort my playlists and show only offline content.  The other big one is that there seems to be no dropdown tab on the right side of the albums/tracks/etc.  On my Android app this was where I could download each track individually, navigate to the artist or album page, undownload, delete, etc.  Am I missing something or is this feature completely nonexistent on the Windows version?  Why is this version so much different than the Android one?  I travel for a living and use Spotify and my phone for ALL of my music listening, and while I absolutely love my Windows phone, this app leaves a lot to be desired.  Is there a fix on the horizon?

@Eklectik - I wouldn't hold your breath, Windows Phone updates always lag behind other platforms and can go through huge periods of having no updates I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Since WP is a growing OS as we speak, I think Spotify will be obliged to update their app to the same level as Android and iOS. Otherwise they will lose this race since there are a lot of other companies who are lurking for some market share.

So my advice to Spotify: update the WP app ASAP and bring equal functionality, content and support as you do with other OS' es. Otherwise I might reconsider my premium subscription. And I'm sure i'll not be the only one. 

Spotify is a great app and it allowed me to discover new music, make listening to music a real pleasure. But when they just slack around, doing nothing for a rising portion of their community, I start to doubt their competence. Sorry... So, throttle up the WP app updates en development, we would be very thankful. 

Last.fm: RockYourSocksxX
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
• Brendan Gill

Hello, in the mean time, can we have an update please in the "browse" section, as selection of playlists is quite lacking at this point.

Spotify for Windows Phone need urgent update....

We need this update ASAP

• Brendan Gill

Yes, this is not the only app which needs update from scratch. If you ever used Spotify on iOS, especially on iPhone, it is like chalk and cheese, totally different user experience. UI reponds to touches, lists loading much faster. Your music instead of playlist, where you cannot search...what???

Yes, you have like thousands of music in Spotify, but you cannot search in your own database 🙂

This is not the only thing which needs polishing. I might be abadoning WP as a platform and switching to iOS. I don´t want to be a betatester with zero development. Microsoft pushes updates quickly nowadays, but updates brings bugs, instead of polishment. Phone is still behind, and OS itself, in core features and apps...sad but true reality, Microsoft needs to wake up. I don´t like Android approach on features list for their OS, just to have most things available for user. I needs features handy in daily usage, not those just for showcase. Windows Phone seems to be the thing for daily usage, but single tiny details missing, leads to change my opinion...

What about you?

Since WP 8.1 is slowly rolling out, my experience with WP has greatly improved. Sadly, on the app- wise, they are still running behind. But since WP is the biggest growing entitiy in smartphone- land + the big support Windows gives to app developers, I can imagine WP becoming a major player in the market. It's a shame Spotify isn't jumping on this bandwagon, not updating their app and leaving it be like a broken piece of .... Some key features which can be found in other OS'es are just not there in WP. With a little investment and courage, this could all change, making WP worth even with other OS versions. Personally I'm not a fan of Apple smartphones since they intentionally dumb their telephone down. An Iphone is in practically a 250- ish dollar phone, made more expensive due to the 'apple' brand logo. To be fair, they have a solid OS but personally, I don't like to work with it. Android is good and also solid, but just not made for easy daily use. WP is currently the most easy to use, all rounded OS on the market. And as I said earlier, it is ever growing (especcially in some growth markets like India and China). It's only a matter of time before WP will get on even ground with other OS'es. For example, a lot of my friends got a WP instead of an Android or Apple phone since the price- quality is so good.

So Spotify, bring us this update please. I'll send a truckload of kudos your way if you do it. 

• Brendan Gill

I have installed free spotify on my Laptop which is working very well, however I cannot down load free spotify to my Lumia 520. Every time I log in to the phone I am told APP is only good for premium.  Please can you help. Hugh

Currently, the app for WP isn't free (yet). Spotify said this will change in the future, however, we haven't seen nothing yet. 
U can find more information here: 

[WP8] Bring Spotify Free to Windows Phone

I think they should change this ASAP + bring some more features. 

• Brendan Gill

Suggested posts