I'm getting very frustrated. I can't get spotify to play _anything_ on my desktop. No local files, or spotify music files.
so far I have tried:
1. Clearing the 'spotify' folder in Appdata
2. Reinstalled Spotify
3. Reinstalled quicktime
4. Cleared all my devices from my account
5. Turned 'Hardware Acceleration' off and on (tested with both off and when turning back on)
6. Switched music quality (I'm a premium user)
7. Tried uninstalling my sound drivers
8. Unplugged my external soundcard from my PC and replugged
9. Uninstalled Spotify from ALL my devices
10. Ran CCleaner after every one of these steps and logged off and on again.
11. 'set default device' on my speakers
12. Disabled all enhancements on my speakers
If I would have to take a guess it's probably something with my audio. (Speakers plug into an external soundcard, which plugs into a KVM which plugs into the PC) and no, I cannot change that setup. It's ridiculous that I can't get anything to play. I'm on Windows 10 (version 1607). Any other ideas? At this point I might have to cancel my membership... 😕