Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify and Echo

Solved!

Spotify and Echo

We have a Spotify family account.

I am at the gym listening to Spotify on mobile phone. My wife is trying to play Spotify on our echo at home. When she plays her music, what I am listening to stops an I get what she is listening to at home, in my headphones, at the gym.

Anyone know what's going on??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

Unfortunately, Spotify doesn't have a Multi-User system, so only one device can use Spotify at one time.

You'll have to sign up for Spotify Family here, and invite other accounts so they can receive Premium under the Family account.

Hope this helps,

- James 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yes, that's correct.

You'll need to set up more accounts, and invite those accounts to your Family plan, so others can listen to Spotify at the same time 🙂

- James

Marked as solution

I thought that is what we had already done! 

Will try again.

So, for clarity, my wife sets up a new free account (not the one she is using in my current Spotify family account), and then I invite her to my family account?

Marked as solution

That would be correct, yes.

Just make sure your wife has logged into her account on the Echo, as the accounts won't interact with each other, it would only stop the music playing if you're both logged into the same account 🙂

- James

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey,

Unfortunately, Spotify doesn't have a Multi-User system, so only one device can use Spotify at one time.

You'll have to sign up for Spotify Family here, and invite other accounts so they can receive Premium under the Family account.

Hope this helps,

- James 🙂

Thanks. But I am already using Spotify Family. Can Spotify only use one device at a time even with Spotify Family?

Marked as solution

Yes, that's correct.

You'll need to set up more accounts, and invite those accounts to your Family plan, so others can listen to Spotify at the same time 🙂

- James

Marked as solution

I thought that is what we had already done! 

Will try again.

So, for clarity, my wife sets up a new free account (not the one she is using in my current Spotify family account), and then I invite her to my family account?

Marked as solution

That would be correct, yes.

Just make sure your wife has logged into her account on the Echo, as the accounts won't interact with each other, it would only stop the music playing if you're both logged into the same account 🙂

- James

Thanks v much.

I have a Family Account.  My son's Spotify is associated with the Echo.  We have this same issue.  If one of us is on the Echo and one is on a phone, they will change each other's music.  We are each using our own login on the family account.

Suggested posts