Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify and alexa echo. song stop and start again

Spotify and alexa echo. song stop and start again

funkopopwave

Hi, I have problem listening spotify in my amazon echo. When I'm listening, per exemple, a playlist, some songs cut while playing and start from the beggining again, it's random but and is't a little annoyning

Any help will be apreciated. thanks in advance.

60 Replies

Re: Spotify and alexa echo. song stop and start again

tompayne
Regular

I have Spotify connected to my Alexa and enjoy it most of the time. But it seems to simply stop playing at various times. If I switch to my Spotify app on my iPad, I see it appears that the song continues to play, but I don't hear anything on Alexa. If I ask "what is playing", Alexa is more than happy to tell me. Everyone tells me "it's clearly a netowrk problem" but the rest of my house continues to happily steam various sources via Verizon FIOS. I have rebooted Alexa numerous times and get no benefit. Any ideas would be welcome!

Casual Listener

Huh, I have the same problem...

SRT4STK
Regular

It happens to me too.  I have Alexa dot and Bose SoundTouch 10.  Happening on both.  Regardless of where I start Spotify from.  iPad, iPhone, the speaker itself or through Alexa.  

tompayne
Regular
I thought it might just be Spotify, but it happens when I ask Alexa to
listen to the radio as well (via TuneIn).

tompayne
Regular
Turns out this appears to be related to wifi signal strength. Or something to do with the wifi. I moved the echo dot closer to my primary wifi (versus the Actiontec repeater) and it seems to be working flawlessly now.

SRT4STK
Regular
I will try that, although I am very close to the wifi

I have stopped listening to Spotify because of this. Trialing SiriusXM and so far so good. Been listening for atleast 30 hours now.

cmarie82
Casual Listener

I have been ahving this issues for months and have reset it multiple times, and it's sitting directly above the wifi router so I know it's not connectivity issues. Now I ahve a second one and it's doing the sma ethign on the new one as well. I think it's a bad design with Spotify, it never happens with Pandora or Amazon music. 

SRT4STK
Regular
I dropped spotify and got Sirius XM. It works fine

Qdxb

I have the same issue and it's getting very annoying as it keeps happening every 2nd or 3rd song! Did anyone find a way to fix this? Thanks :)

SUGGESTED POSTS