Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify and alexa echo. song stop and start again

Re: Spotify and alexa echo. song stop and start again

tompayne
Regular
I found it ultimatelywas the Wi-Fi signal strength.

cmarie82
Casual Listener
It's Amazon, they want you to use their music service, it's done purposely.
Spotify will not correct itself, so either don't use the Alexa for music
(my solution as I prefer Spotify) or use Amazon music. It is not the wifi
or location of the Alexa to the router.

tompayne
Regular
That's what I thought...but moving closer to my router worked. Spotify now works. Could have better features, but works (flawlessly).

JeffCT
Casual Listener
Same issue here, but more info. I use my Dot to feed my whole house music system. Because I am a network engineer I have enterprise-grade wifi with a controller and can see which access point devices are connected to, which band and channel they are on, what they are seeing for signal strength, and if the devices are experiencing connectivity problems. Echo Dot connects to my kitchen AP on the 5ghz band with full signal strength, and maintains connectivity even during the interruptions in audio. I can play Spotify using my iPad, iPhone, or laptop - same AP, same band, same channel - no interruptions. I can play Pandora on Echo Dot for hours, no interruptions. It only happens when I am playing Spotify on my Echo Dot. This tells me it's an issue with the way Amazon is connecting Dot to Spotify.

bearguy904

I've been trialing Spotify to use instead of Pandora Premium.   About twice a day my Amazon Echo stops playing is no longer listed in my available devices for about 20 minutes and then suddenly connects again and is subsequently listed in available devices again.    I have two echo's in different locations and this seems to happen no matter which echo I'm listening to.   What's the deal?

arthur_sa
Regular

I experience the same problem. I start playing spotify on amazon echo and for whatever reason it will stop. If i open the spotify client it shows that the song is playing. I have to literally pause and resume in order for it to work again.

It's definatelly not the wifi since i have the echo next to my router.

RaphCRF

Hey guys, any news regarding this issue?

Apperently Amazon support can't help with this.

Jcolter

I have found both my original echo dot  and original echo cause problems when playing spotify songs.  most of the time the end of the song is not play and the begining is skipped, so you end up with 10 seconds of delay in between each song.  I have reset both units and removed them from my amazon account and reconnected them with no luck.  I have multiple newer dot 2's and they all work great with no large gaps betweens songs or missing portions of the songs.  Anyone else having similar issues?  Are you issues with the orginal dot or echo as well?

cmarie82
Casual Listener
Hi all - The only way I've worked around this is to not use it through the
Alexa wifi connection and to do a bluetooth connection and control through
my phone. Otherwise the issue is ongoing!

Geemoney1969

In my opinion I believe Spotify needs to update software to support playback between other devices, and Amazon Echo products (Alexa). I have the same problem but I was able to play the music with out it cutting out. I simply Had Spotify open on my phone and connected to the Echo, and every time it paused I pushed Play, at times I was Rapidly tapping the play/pause button 3 to 5 times in a row. But still doesn’t really solve the issue entirely  

SUGGESTED POSTS