Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app for Logitech UE Smart Radio

Solved!

Spotify app for Logitech UE Smart Radio

Since a couple of week the Spotify app has disapear from my Logitech UE Smart Radio. And I can't find the app anymore in the App Galery on MySqueezebox website. 

Do someone know how to get the app again on my Smart Radio?

35 Replies

You will need to convert your UE smart Radio to a Squeezebox Radio which is done via a menu item on the Radio. Then you need to run your own server running some software called Logitech Media Server. The best device to use for this is probably a Raspbeery Pi. The best thing to do is join the forum in the link and ask for advice there, lots of people are in your position since Spotify made the old Plugin obsolete.

Gents, Spotty is nice stuff. However for geeks. This radio was always so simple to use. The removal puts all non geeks in the blind.

I really dislike that Spotify is gone, and I'm not geeky enough to embark on the Spotty solution, I think. But, whie biting the dust, I found a half-baked "solution" for the rest of us: Plug in a Chromecast Audio in the aux input. Then you will be able to play all sorts of Chromecast stuff, like Spotify, TuneIn Radio and much more. In addition, Chromecast Audio is also ready for muliroom (which functioned rather poorly on Squeezebox Radio when syncing Spotify). They're rather cheap. It's only 25 pounds plus 2 pounds for p&p here: https://www.mymemory.co.uk/google-chromecast-audio.html?source=Webgains

Iv used a chromecast fob on a Squeezebox Radio before. my only issue is that the input on the Squeezbox is not adjustable to line level... which causes for some volume flakiness... when this would be easily remidied by Logitech with a patch... to either add the option or set the input jack to line in level by default..

Very silent in this thread. Anyone from spotify who has a *real* solution for all owners of a Logitech UE smartradio or Logitech squeezebox?

"As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they are removing the app from the Logitech Squeezebox."

How does not being able to use something "improve the overall experience">

Have a Great Day Not Listening to Spotify!!!!!

This is fine but the radio used to be portable. 

Just sharing my frustration and disapointment in this decision and lack of anything like customer focus. Shame on you Spotify!

After reading three pages of complaints, I still can't believe that my streaming device has been deprived of its most important function without any permission from me and not to mention any communication about it. I am so, so disappointed with Spotify (as this change comes from their end). This is the type of attitude that really makes you dislike a service and start considering cancelling it. Shame on you Spotify 

Marked as solution

Until now very happy spotify customer, This made me try Deezer and I must say I am not disappointed. From now on I will be with Deezer and continue to luse my good UE smart radios.

great tip! I am trying Deezer and is not bad at all till now. I will see now how it runs in my squeezebox

great tip! I am trying Deezer and is not bad at all till now. I will see now how it runs in my squeezebox

Deezer on my UE Logitech Smartradio is working fantastic! I only have the problem of exporting my playlists to deezer.. do you think spotify would find a solution ? 🙂 Sorry Spotify.. thanks for the services all this years, but business is business. I might return some day.. or not. 

I found the answer for a quick export of playlists from spotify 🙂 http://www.playlist-converter.net/#/

Live well Spotify

Spotify is back on my threee Squeezebox radios again! I had to take these SIMPLE steps (after running the Squeezebox Radio setup (in the UE Radio menu): 1. Download Logitech Media Server (version 7.9). 2. Choose "Spotty" as add-on and update the add-on lists and log in to Spotify. 3. Run Logitech Media Server in Administrator mode (right-click). Now I can play my own music and everything from Spotify via the radio buttons or iPeng. BUT: The server has to be running on a computer OR a NAS for it to work. Some use Raspberry Pi and mini computers that are always on, but my computer is almost always on, so I haven't bothered with these slightly more advanced solutions. 

This is just to teach us never to trust big tech companies.

Suggested posts